Should I drive home in this JL Rubicon?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
At least you've got the HEMI. Some decent power is at least a distraction from not driving a Wrangler. My grand Cherokee only has the magnum but good Lord is it the fastest little jeep I've ever owned. 2200 rpm at 75 mph [emoji23].

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

My wife drives it mostly, but I had it for a couple of days last week, so I could wire it for my ARB fridge. I drove it across town. I got up to about 60 mph for a bit. It only shifted into 7th gear, once. The 8 speed transmission is something else. When I get a JL, it will be an automatic transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
My wife drives it mostly, but I had it for a couple of days last week, so I could wire it for my ARB fridge. I drove it across town. I got up to about 60 mph for a bit. It only shifted into 7th gear, once. The 8 speed transmission is something else. When I get a JL, it will be an automatic transmission.

I've heard nothing but great things about the 8 soeed. That's crazy that you haven't even hit 8th though.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So I stopped by the jeep dealer today and looked at a JLU Rubicon and I’m very interested in buying it but I want to hear your opinions on here about it. The sticker price is $47,570 and they’ll give it to me for $44,657 and they’ll give me an extra $3k on my trade than they’re “allowed to give”. My main question is do you guys think the new JL is worth the money? Also for reference I’ll be coming from a diesel f250 with a $19,000 loan to the Rubicon with a $40,000 loan. Edit: Or is the ecodiesel worth the wait? View attachment 297970 View attachment 297972

If you really are able to pay down a loan that quickly I would keep the truck and keep my head down working to get it payed off, then once you’re debt free on the truck go buy your JL. That’ll give you a second vehicle for when (not if) you break the jeep, a DD if you want, and also a tow rig if you wish to go that route. Just my 2¢.
I’m in the process of paying my jeep off so I can buy a truck lol

FLKEYSJK

If you really are able to pay down a loan that quickly I would keep the truck and keep my head down working to get it payed off, then once you’re debt free on the truck go buy your JL. That’ll give you a second vehicle for when (not if) you break the jeep, a DD if you want, and also a tow rig if you wish to go that route. Just my 2¢.

Yeah but the truck is getting up there in milage (165k) so that’s why I’m thinking about getting rid of it and getting the jeep.

FLKEYSJK

Ok so I think I’ve decided to just wait it out a few more months and see what the ecodiesel has to offer. It’s going to kill me to wait but I’d rather wait than be upset because I didn’t wait.

MericaMade

I've never felt comfortable buying the first year of any new vehicle. I always tend to buy the last year and make sure they get rid of all the flaws.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ka-bar

Lol, I’m in the process of paying off my Jeep so I can get another Jeep. [emoji23]

tonytony9

Why are you jumping from the turbo diesel, just curious? I have wanted to dump my jku for a 6.7 tubo Diesel 250 for awhile but don’t think I’ll ever sell the jk. Might just buy one outright but haven’t decided.

jesse3638

Hooked
Funny how the definition of “disposable income” changes as we age. [emoji23]

Yeah I’ve been playing a fun new game. Find ways to save money. Recently changed cable and internet, traded in my truck for a commuter car as the payment is less than what I was spending in fuel, and I look like a geek walking around Target scanning things with my cartwheel app. Scored 10% off on turkey bacon today...haha. Having worked a lot less OT last year with my broken leg I’m doing my best to live within my base salary. It’s easy to over extend yourself when your healthy and can easily add 25%+ to your annual salary with OT. Once you can’t earn that then what do you do when you are spending 95% of your 125% base salary. Had I been in that position I’d have been screwed.

Top Bottom