Show off your tents

Trail JK

What is the name of this or where could I find one like it? I am looking for a new tent after that trip!
The orange one is a Kelty Trail Ridge 3 and the green one I had on our trip is a Pinnacle. If you're talking about the Pinnacle i'd recommend a smaller one, two or three person because it folds up and around disk. The Kelty is more compact and nice for packing.

Nice! Is that a Kelty Gunnison!? :thumb: If so, I have the SAME tent! ... you definitely need to work on your guyline skills... lmao

Kelty Trail Ridge 3.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Show me Your Tent!

I am in the market for a new tent. I currently use a Eureka one person tent, and it's awesome because it's so easy to set up and takes up hardly any space. The only downside is there's not much space to change clothes or put an air mattress down so on longer camping trips it can get a little cramped/uncomfortable. I'm looking for something a little bigger, easy to set up, and rain proof of course. Let's see what you got!

Of course, mine is the one closest to the camera in this picture.

13754406_10210483214015431_3540262138692086803_n.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I am in the market for a new tent. I currently use a Eureka one person tent, and it's awesome because it's so easy to set up and takes up hardly any space. The only downside is there's not much space to change clothes or put an air mattress down so on longer camping trips it can get a little cramped/uncomfortable. I'm looking for something a little bigger, easy to set up, and rain proof of course. Let's see what you got!

I moved your post here because we already have a thread. I will say, Big Agnes makes some good stuff that is light weight and fairly roomy. Their quality is awesome!

Last edited:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I moved your post here because we already have a thread. I will say, Big Agnes makes some good stuff that is light weight and fairly roomy. Their quality is awesome!

Oh thank you, this is just what I was looking for. Awesome!!

Draconianwinter

Sierra designs for a tent. My first one was 23 years old before i replaced ir with a new one about 13 years ago and I still have that one.

sent from your basement

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Of course, mine is the one closest to the camera in this picture.

13754406_10210483214015431_3540262138692086803_n.jpg

Nice Jeep! I am a former Omahan. Where was your trip at?

Thunder

Fun thread. Here are some of our backpacking and camping photos:

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
DSCF5636.jpg

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
DSCF6150.jpg

Zpacks Triplex Cuben Fiber tent. It weighs an unbelievable 1.5lbs.
Alabama Hills, CA
DSC00947.jpg

Zpacks Triplex
Kearsarge Pinnacles, John Muir Wilderness, CA
DSC00977.jpg

Hammock Camping at Grinnell Flats in the San Gorgonio Wilderness, CA
I use the Warbonnet XLC with a Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber Tarp and Whoopie Sling suspension.
The boys use Grand Trunk Ultralights and Warbonnet Superfly tarps.
We all use Hammock Gear quilts.
image.jpg

WJCO

Meme King

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
View attachment 234417

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
View attachment 234418

Alabama Hills, CA
View attachment 234419

Zpacks Triplex
View attachment 234420

I use the Warbonnet XLC with a Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber Tarp and Whoopie Sling suspension.
View attachment 234422

Great pics. Good to see you taking the kids out camping in the snow. Ours love it as well. I have a bunch of Zpacks gear. Great quality and weight savings.

Thunder

They love it! So much fun stuff to do in the snow.
Haven't got enough of it here in SoCal the past several years.

IMG_0474.jpg

Cold Steel Scout
IMG_0336.jpg

Brute

Hooked

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
View attachment 234417

Marmot Limelight 3P
Big Bear, CA
View attachment 234418

Alabama Hills, CA
View attachment 234419

Zpacks Triplex
View attachment 234420

View attachment 234422

It's very cool that your kids dig camping...my two daughters liked it when they were 7-8 years old...now, they can't walk past a mirror without checking their make up...dad now camps & fish by his lonesome often...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thunder

It's very cool that your kids dig camping...my two daughters liked it when they were 7-8 years old...now, they can't walk past a mirror without checking their make up...dad now camps & fish by his lonesome often...

I may only have a few more years before I'm going solo too.
Glad I was able to get them out a fair bit while they were young.
Hopefully they'll have fond memories and return to it if they do lose interest for a while.

Top Bottom