Show your Wrist Watch

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Giving this thread a bump.
Looking for input on these activity tracker dealio’s. Needs to have a heart rate monitor or be able to sync to a band.
The suunto and garmins are where I’m looking. But if something else is out there I’m all ears.
I’m not a smart watch guy plus I think I’d break the apple watch in one day. Fit Bits and the like are a joke. Need something rugged and that’s actually accurate.

Well, you got me looking into these things. I’ve been wearing a Fitbit daily, for about a year. I break the band all the time. I picked up a Fenix 5. I didn’t get the x model, because it’s huge.

IMG_1970.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well, you got me looking into these things. I’ve been wearing a Fitbit daily, for about a year. I break the band all the time. I picked up a Fenix 5. I didn’t get the x model, because it’s huge.

Yeah, the x is a bit larger, but when I ordered mine it was the only one that was map capable. I know that all sizes of the new 5x plus watches are map capable. And the plus has a blood ox sensor option for those crazy ultra athletes that need it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yeah, the x is a bit larger, but when I ordered mine it was the only one that was map capable. I know that all sizes of the new 5x plus watches are map capable. And the plus has a blood ox sensor option for those crazy ultra athletes that need it.

Yeah, the 5s & 5 don’t come with maps, but I’m wearing it every day, and honestly I could have bought the 5s. Wristwatches are getting a little large for my taste. I figured if I needed maps, I’d buy a handheld gps unit.

jesse3638

Hooked
When I was a kid, I wanted a digital watch. My Dad wouldn’t let me have one, until I learned to read an analog timepiece.

My dad did the same thing.

Actually in my office at work my counter part and I keep our eye out for clocks at garage sales. We currently have 5 battery powered analog clocks hanging on our walls and 2 on the window sill. Think of the opening to Pink Floyd's "Time" or the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland...haha.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

When I was a kid, I wanted a digital watch. My Dad wouldn’t let me have one, until I learned to read an analog timepiece.

I did the same to my kids. I also wouldn't let them use a digital dictionary or a calculator until they learned how to do the work on their own. I also made the write papers by hand before allowing them to type them out on the computer.

They hated me for it at the time, but as they got older, they came to appreciate why. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wjtstudios

Hooked
The same thing can be said for driving a stick. My kids will learn in my CJ long before getting their drivers licenses. It will be a lost art for this up and coming generation.

jesse3638

Hooked
The same thing can be said for driving a stick. My kids will learn in my CJ long before getting their drivers licenses. It will be a lost art for this up and coming generation.

My jeep is a manual and that's why I bought the bottom of the line sentra. "Can I borrow the car?" Sure take the sentra. They're not taking the Jeep or the Durango.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom