Shrockworks or LOD Sliders

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LōD Offroad;742650 said:
I am not sure what you are talking about here, but I do know that things online can get very out of hand and misleading especially when its passed down through multiple people, we do our best to take care of any issues, so if anyone ever needs anything please give us a call and we can help you out right away! We have quite a few sales people now and we appreceiate any feedback so we can address any issues, I will look into this right away. So I will do my best to explain how the our old Gen 3 Bumper and tire carrier's locking mechanism worked. It used a bolt on plate that mounted to the top of the bumper to hold it open, it was what we called a fused system, meaning if too much pressure was put on it it would break in order to prevent the stanless steel locking pin and its housing that is welded on the tire carrier from getting broke and bending . It was originally designed this way because people were opening the tire carrier and it was locking in place and they didn't realize it and would start yanking back and forth on the tire carrier trying to get it to close because they tought it was stuck, in turn this would bend the locking mechinsm due to the leverage that the tire carrier can put on it, and since the locking mechanism with the stainless steel tube is welded on to the tire carrier, it could not be fixed. The Fusable part that was bolted to the bumper was easily replaceable so thats why it was designed that way. We had changed the fusable part over time to make it harder to break and never had a problem with them and anybody that needs a stonger fusable piece can get one form us 100% free to your door. We have honestly not seen any break from just opening the tire carrier and it sitting on a slight incline, but if something ever does fail we will replace it 100% for free so make sure to contact us. Now fast forward to now, our new Gen 4 was changed again and uses a larger stainless steel locking pin and monting tube so would be much harder for someone to bend it if they were yanking on the tire carrier because they did not realize that it locked open. So since we made the locking pin larger the Gen 4 does not use a fusable link. its basically completely different. So again if anyone needs anything please give us a call and we can help you out and if you think you might have an old Gen 3 with the older fused bolt on locking plate, give us a call and we can get you the newer setup.

Thanks
LoD

Thx for taking time to respond.

Top Bottom