Administrator
Staff member
RECORD BREAK CONFIRMED:

1. Highest Manned Ballon Flight
2. Highest Freefall

Waiting on fastest freefall speed record :wings:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Unofficial numbers from the press conference...

373 meters per second
833.9 Miles per hour
Mach 1.24

Robar

The Enforcer
Unofficial numbers from the press conference...

373 meters per second
833.9 Miles per hour
Mach 1.24
Yeah, but did anyone measure the shit streak going from his ass hole to the tip of his toes? I bet that would be a record too. :icon_crazy:

RDE2ROK

The Discovery channel showed this event live. What an unbelievable stunt. More than just a record that guy has an experience like no other in the world! WOW!:beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's offical!!

According to Brian Utley, who's responsible for FIA certification, roughly one minute into his jump Baumgartner reached a top speed of 833.9 mph, a new record for a skydiver. That also means he successfully broke the sound barrier, reaching Mach 1.24.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog...ile+skydiving+after+jumping+from+24+miles+up/

"At that height you become so humble, you don't think about breaking records anymore. You just want to come back." - Felix Baumbartner

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
It's offical!!

"At that height you become so humble, you don't think about breaking records anymore. You just want to come back." - Felix Baumbartner

Awesome! It was great to be able to watch it live on tv. It amazes me that the comms were so clear most of the time, at that altitude, and I can't get a decent Skype connection half the time.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Think it still needs to be certified.

I like Kittinger...

On Sunday, Kittinger had a special message for all the doubters at the post-jump press conference. "I'd like to give a special one finger salute to all those who said he'd come apart going supersonic."

MTG

Caught the Bug
highoctane said:
Awesome! It was great to be able to watch it live on tv. It amazes me that the comms were so clear most of the time, at that altitude, and I can't get a decent Skype connection half the time.

LOL! No kidding huh? I can't keep my cell phone connected in the middle of town half the time.

Top Bottom