Skyjacker "leDuc series" Coilover kit

Robertcrav

The Rubicon Express kit is $4,299 msrp, but does seem to come with hydraulic bump stops front and rear
[URL="http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspension/Rubicon-Express-Front-Rear-Coilover-Upgrade-Kit-with-Airbumps-JK004CC.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R%2fEJK004CC&utm_source=google%2cgoogle&utm_medium=cpc%2ccpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&scid=scplpR%2fEJK004CC--4&sc_intid=R%2fEJK004CC--4&gclid=CJm21czQmtMCFQ5EfgodwJ4Buw"]http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspension/Rubicon-Express-Front-Rear-Coilover-Upgrade-Kit-with-Airbumps-JK004CC.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R%2fEJK004CC&utm_source=google%2cgoogle&utm_medium=cpc%2ccpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&scid=scplpR%2fEJK004CC--4&sc_intid=R%2fEJK004CC--4&gclid=CJm21czQmtMCFQ5EfgodwJ4Buw[/URL]

jk004cc.jpg

and according to their page, the R/E backets are made in the US

Fits 2007 to 2017 JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited
4-door models
Increased wheel travel
Optimized shock damping
Ability to customize spring rates to suit your specific needs
Fine tune ride height for even more customization
Remote reservoirs increase fluid capacity for cool, consistent shock damping
Made in the USA from plate steel to maximize clearance

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Agree with pretty much all of the above. Who knows if the Skyjacker is good, and it may be, but at that price point the EVO is the better proven deal. I had a Skyjacker 8" on my 95 Ford Ranger and it was a good kit but it wasn't exactly a complicated lift like coilovers. Mel, the guy who owns EVO races and tests suspensions himself and really knows the JK and what spring rates work best. Plus he has has years of feedback from countless customers to develop options for different ride qualities in a given system. I don't get the impression the other manufacturers are as dedicated to our specific wants and needs as they have lifts for dozens of applications of different makes and models. EVO can build anything but Jeeps are the core of their business. If I ever upgrade to coilovers, it will be an EVO system.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Agree with pretty much all of the above. Who knows if the Skyjacker is good, and it may be, but at that price point the EVO is the better proven deal. I had a Skyjacker 8" on my 95 Ford Ranger and it was a good kit but it wasn't exactly a complicated lift like coilovers. Mel, the guy who owns EVO races and tests suspensions himself and really knows the JK and what spring rates work best. Plus he has has years of feedback from countless customers to develop options for different ride qualities in a given system. I don't get the impression the other manufacturers are as dedicated to our specific wants and needs as they have lifts for dozens of applications of different makes and models. EVO can build anything but Jeeps are the core of their business. If I ever upgrade to coilovers, it will be an EVO system.

I am doing Evo long arms this May, and hopefully coilovers next year. Am excited [emoji4]

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

BeachJK

Funny how

Funny how you specifically ask people to keep the thread about this Skyjacker kit, and the very first reply Jumps on the EVO train along with the following replies. Very little open mindedness and reading comprehension on this site.

The construction of the Kit looks simple and sturdy enough, what it really comes down to is how well did they dialed in the coilovers?

This isn't a good place to get information regarding anything but EVO worship.

OJK12

Thread resurrection!!! Really I don't know why anyone gets so buthurt that the products they choose to run don't get talked about enough on here. I have a few EVO products and I have a lot that are not, I don't get offended because someone doesn't think what I'm running isn't the best or is shown to be not as good as something else. It's my jeep I run what I want, and what fits my needs and my style. I've had Skyjacker parts in the past and not been real impressed and I know a lot of people have had similar results so with that track record it's pretty obvious why nobody wants to be the test dummy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Funny how you specifically ask people to keep the thread about this Skyjacker kit, and the very first reply Jumps on the EVO train along with the following replies. Very little open mindedness and reading comprehension on this site.

The construction of the Kit looks simple and sturdy enough, what it really comes down to is how well did they dialed in the coilovers?

Here we go with the whole "EVO worship" thing again....

Original.

WJCO

Meme King

Welcome back from 2015!! Funny how it took 2 months for a single skyjacker fan (you) to show up and save the members here from big bad EVO. Everyone should have totally told the OP months ago that skyjacker was the best thing ever made and the EVO systems that are tried and true really don't work at all. :crazyeyes:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
We comprehend just fine, the fact is EVO is better just based on the Fox vs. King so, given they are similar in price point the advice has been go with EVO for that specific reason... similar price points. Not "JUST" because it's better. EVO has a fan base and reputation not just here but around the world that had been earned as has King. Skyjacker has been in the business since 1974 and you still don't see people lining up to get their suspensions. The only thing they were ever really good at was the soft ride leaf packs which is ancient tech now. Once most of the truck market started going to independent suspensions, Skyjacker wasn't up to the task. In those days Explorer Pro Comp blew their doors off and so did Trailmaster. I used to sell this stuff and I saw what held up and what didn't and as a vender I also saw who stood behind their product. The fact is Skyjacker is an entry level lift with mediocre service that most people don't bother with. We tend to try to steer all the people who would read threads toward proven products and not just the OP's. I'd hate to see someone blow four grand plus and regret it. If after being informed of other opinions they choose to go with Skyjacker or any other product, they are still welcome here and encouraged to post up the results unless it's a dirtbag company like s-pod or something. Oh, and I'm a brainwashed fanboy and typical WAL jerk, so you're butthurt, an asshat and other mean stuff plus Eddie sends me free EVO stuff for promoting their product. That should cover it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Welcome back. Glad you showed up, so we could hurt your feelings again, after being gone for almost 2 years.

Why don't you buy a Skyjacker system. See there, I just recommended something besides EVO.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

I think this thread is right on course! The OP said keep this thread to Skyjacker only? Impossible to have a discussion about one brand without referencing another brand. I don't own coilovers yet, so I have no experience with them. HOWEVER, if I had $4k burning a hole in my pocket I would want to spend it VERY carefully. I don't think I'd take a "chance" on trying an unknown coilover system unless I could see it, touch it, ride on it, and maybe even work on it first. But since the Skyjacker kit is so new, comparing this kit to EVO's kit is the next best thing to do. Oh, and just to be clear, yes, I love my EVO products that are all over my jeep. What can I say? EVO has the coolest stickers! [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny how the OP specifically asked about this kit being that he "can't find any real feedback on this setup anywhere" and even though the kit's been out for over a year or better, he couldn't "find more reviews or YouTube clips of it". Because of this, he was getting the responses that he got but of course, because nobody agrees with you, everyone here is an EVO worshiper. How open minded of you.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

So was this just a hit & run? You said you weren't a troll....

IMG_9324.JPG

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Guys you are so lucky, no frame mods or long arm kits allowed here so our options are limited.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The good news, just in case you didn't know, is the coilover suspensions can be used with short arms. In the case of most of the bolt on kits, you are just adding brackets but not welding on or changing the frame.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

You still butthurt bro?

Top Bottom