Sliders: Tube vs platform

bl17z90

ill find out this weekend, but still crazy how the normal angle looks like it almost touches the skins

That may be why the skins exist.

I actually spoke with Mel and what he said made sense. He likes to bend the pinch seem up so that he can mount the sliders as high as possible. This may also translate to the sliders being as close to the body as possible without actually hitting. :idontknow:

ScottC

Thanks everybody, especially for the pictures! You all have made my decision much easier. I was originally going to try to keep with a Poison Spyder rig since I have the Brawler Mid front bumper. However, I really like the strength of the EVO sliders and skins. I've got a Frankenrig going on anyway, so it looks like EVO won this contest.

Now on to the rear bumper and tire carrier...and the winning PowerBall ticket.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks everybody, especially for the pictures! You all have made my decision much easier. I was originally going to try to keep with a Poison Spyder rig since I have the Brawler Mid front bumper. However, I really like the strength of the EVO sliders and skins. I've got a Frankenrig going on anyway, so it looks like EVO won this contest.

Lol I have dipped from tons of companies myself. Ruggid ridge front bumper, EVO sliders, EVO skins, EVO rock stars, EVO rear d rings, also or-fab, airaid, ARB, plastidip, skyjacker, teraflex, the list goes on and on and on

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

It is very uncommon to stick with one company for an entire build.

Sent from my phone?

Alan30

This may sound dumb to some, but make sense to others...

I am worried about my dog getting in and out of the Jeep (2 door). I don't want her leg to get caught between the tube and the Jeep as she's getting in or out. Can anyone with EVO sliders and a dog comment on that?

Overlander, thanks for the example (despite my caveat in the OP LOL). It was a good example why bolt on body mounts aren't as good as weld on frame mounts. Good to know!

Scott, I always take my dog in and out through the tailgate

bmwegr

Before ordering I'd also take a look at the Nemesis Billy Rocker. Here is a pre-powder coat mock up of my set. They look VERY similar to PSC but in my opinion are designed in a way that won't wrinkle your tub on a hard hit. It's a 3 piece aluminum design, rocker skin, space frame and outer shell.

Options are almost a course. :icon_crazy:
nemisis sliders.jpg

dhughes

Banned
I have a set of evo frame mount waiting to go on but I can see the build quality is very nice and look to be build very solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384487177228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384487177228.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 133

Aeraun

I've seen the poison spider ones crush body panels from hits. On the rubicon this year someone dropped off a rock onto their rocker knockers and it pinched their body panel between the hinges on the driver door.

His response, "that sucks! As soon as I get home I'm ordering EVO sliders."

That does suck. I was leaning towards the brawler knockers. Still aren't weld on but anyone know of they are at least better at not damaging the body?

The Force will be with you.... always

Alan30

Before ordering I'd also take a look at the Nemesis Billy Rocker. Here is a pre-powder coat mock up of my set. They look VERY similar to PSC but in my opinion are designed in a way that won't wrinkle your tub on a hard hit. It's a 3 piece aluminum design, rocker skin, space frame and outer shell.

Options are almost a course. :icon_crazy:
View attachment 56577
At a Jeep Jamboree this summer, one of the Nemesis sales reps was there with 2 of his friends. They all had these and one took a hard enough hit to bend the front of the slider right behind the front wheel. The sliders did no body damage. They are aluminum and were beat up pretty good from other trips they had done. Not being steel I was impressed by their durability :twocents:

munstie

I'm running shrockworks sliders and they are frame mount, but I do have to admit I really like the look of EVO better. Frame mount is definitely the way to go though:thumbup:

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

CaliCrusher

I think if you're considering PSC look at the brawler rockers instead is the rocker knockers. I have the brawler rockers and they bolt to the frame. The PSC guys even prefer those to their rocker knockers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dahreno

Banned
I just installed a set of lod sliders , they are bolt to frame but , can be welded to frame also. I also got them made with the steps going all the way across the top instead of two small places in front of the doors. I really like them but , I have to make custom rear mounts for them as they will not bolt on with my long arm and that's okay , I knew that before I ordered so I had them leave them off when made . I used to have crappy bolt to pinch seam sliders that used to bend up , and hit the body , I would take them off once in a while and beat them back to shape with a sledge . They did bend the crap out of the pinch seam so , I am a little bummed about that .

JAGS

Hooked
At a Jeep Jamboree this summer, one of the Nemesis sales reps was there with 2 of his friends. They all had these and one took a hard enough hit to bend the front of the slider right behind the front wheel. The sliders did no body damage. They are aluminum and were beat up pretty good from other trips they had done. Not being steel I was impressed by their durability :twocents:

The issue I'd have here is that I have yet to hear one, not one, owner of the EVO Sliders say there sliders took damage. As others have said... "they are bomb proof." So I'm hesitant to put my hard earned money toward some thing that was getting damaged and bent, Even if they may protect the body. I still don't want the actual slider to look like crap.

Top Bottom