Smokey needs some V8 power.

69mach1

I'm quite sure he's busy with KoH duties :rock: not a problem and not a hurry on answers ;)

Moochie is out at KOH. He's posted a couple times, but not sure he's checking all the threads. Just an FYI.

Edit: Darn you Will and your two hand typing...LOL.

sc_rhino

Hi Carl,

Checking in to see how the 5.3 is performing? My 08 JKU is similar to yours (not light weight, 5.13's & 37's) and I'm on the fence for engines 5.3, 6.0 or 6.2:thinking: The 6L80 is a given as is the Motech/Turn Key conversion :rock:

I have several questions:crazyeyes::eek::yup::
1.) Any further tuning issues?
2.) Any further overheating issues?
3.) Are you still on 5.13 gears?
4.) Typical and best MPG's?
5) Did you go with the Tap shift & cruise control?
6.) Do you have any pics of the completed exhaust system by the engine?
7.) What did Mel come up with for skid plate?
8.) Off roading on full passenger stuff and full driver side droop do you have any issues with the front drive shaft contacting the transmission housing or brackets?
9.) Any issues with the control arms contacting the engine mounts during articulation?
10.) Any advice or changes you would recommend for the rest of us after your experience?

Thank you for your time in making this thread and any other advice you may give :thumb:

Best regards,

Jon

Hey Carl (Moochie), I'm currently considering this upgrade and these are a lot of great questions. Hoping you can answer.
Thanks.

chubbynupta

More power please

I too have had just about enough of the 3.8. I should have known an engine "with the power of a Prius and the economy of Hemi" was bound to disappoint.
I see a lot of love for the Chevy engine on the forum
but I thought the Hemi was a more affordable swap because of some shared Chrysler DNA. Please convince me the GM option is the way to go.
Thanks

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I too have had just about enough of the 3.8. I should have known an engine "with the power of a Prius and the economy of Hemi" was bound to disappoint.
I see a lot of love for the Chevy engine on the forum
but I thought the Hemi was a more affordable swap because of some shared Chrysler DNA. Please convince me the GM option is the way to go.
Thanks

It's lighter, stays cooler, and it's easier to build up.

Top Bottom