Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

benatc1

Hooked
I have the 780 Pro. It is the first smoker I have ever owned so I can’t really compare it to others. That said, I’ve been extremely happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I gotcha, glad to hear your liking it.
I just checked them out. Those are pricey. I could do without the bull horns. Lol.

I agree on the bull horns. They are a couple hundred more than traeger. Super nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Definitely pricey, but I was thinking the Ironwood Treager anyway, which I think starts at like 1200. Going to build it into an outdoor bar/psuedo kitchen so looking at size and everything. Like Jeep parts buy once, cry once, right?

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Funny how Alex is like "get the most expensive grill so your happy with it and it's works great" but when I bring up coilovers it's like I'm sacrificing out child's future haha

Lol. So true. I would actually like a smaller one too. It’s sometimes a pain the ass to try to smoke meat and then also veggies and other stuff at the same time. Everything is different temps.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Lol. So true. I would actually a smaller one too. It’s sometimes a pain the ass to try to smoke meat and then also veggies and other stuff at the same time. Everything is different temps.

Hmm, yeah I actually didn't think about that. Was debating a gas grill too for quicker stuff but not sure if it's necessary, still sorting that out.

JAGS

Hooked
Hmm, yeah I actually didn't think about that. Was debating a gas grill too for quicker stuff but not sure if it's necessary, still sorting that out.

I love my Weber genesis grill. Had it a couple years. So much better than the char broils, etc. Been looking at smokers lately. I think to a lot of areas, you get what you pay for. Bullhorns are a premium. [emoji6] I’m waiting for a traeger sale to pop up at Sam’s or Costco. There are some “offbrands” that claim to use same parts. Not sure that’s true.

benatc1

Hooked
I love my Weber genesis grill. Had it a couple years. So much better than the char broils, etc. Been looking at smokers lately. I think to a lot of areas, you get what you pay for. Bullhorns are a premium. [emoji6] I’m waiting for a traeger sale to pop up at Sam’s or Costco. There are some “offbrands” that claim to use same parts. Not sure that’s true.

Hey man, yes I agree you definitely get what you pay for. My dad has the pit boss and he likes it but doesn't regulate temp that great and a few other quirks, so want to spend the money and make sure it's all there. Been looking at that rec tec most of the evening and it's pretty solid. May actually go that route instead of the Treager I've been eyeing, better construction and warranty. Plus the 700 has the hopper on the back which may better fit my plans for it, hard to go against the name Treager though. We'll see

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
IMG_0377.jpg IMG_0379.jpg

Not meat but crab/shrimp Mac and cheese. I’ve really been into side dishes lately.

Top Bottom