SMORR June 13th-14th

If it's dry for a few days then most should be fine. We had a few get stuck but they were all stock jeeps without lockers and in all of those cases, it was low clearance that actually got them.

If it's dry for a few days then most should be fine. We had a few get stuck but they were all stock jeeps without lockers and in all of those cases, it was low clearance that actually got them.

Well I'm not running lockers yet, so I'll be the one getting stuck lol

Looks like the extended forecast is looking good for down there. Rain on Tuesday, but clear the test of the week :yup:

Well I'm not running lockers yet, so I'll be the one getting stuck lol

Me either, but I'm not too worried. Amazing how capable the jeeps are without them, then with the lift added, bigger tires, and buddies to help us through, we'll be alright.

Me either, but I'm not too worried. Amazing how capable the jeeps are without them, then with the lift added, bigger tires, and buddies to help us through, we'll be alright.

Yep... no worries. There should be a few of us that have it covered.

When the trails are wet it definitely adds a degree of difficulty to them. It'll be a good time either way. Looking forward to it! Can't believe it's June already, this year seems to be flying by.

What do you guys think about the Teraflex recovery strap? My local O'reilly has one in stock. I was planning on ordering an ARB online tomorrow. But I can get the Teraflex cheaper and same day

What do you guys think about the Teraflex recovery strap? My local O'reilly has one in stock. I was planning on ordering an ARB online tomorrow. But I can get the Teraflex cheaper and same day

Recovery strap or tree strap? I can't find the thread right now, but the thing to pay attention to is the type of material the strap is made out of and its intended purpose. One material will not stretch while the other will. One is intended for snatching a vehicle out, so it should stretch a bit. One is intended to be used in conjunction with a winch and so should not stretch. I purchased ARB straps because they were made of the correct materials. I've seen cheaper straps at local stores that were made with the wrong material.

I can't say if the Teraflex is correct or not. I know my ARB has performed as expected in the few times I've used it.

Recovery strap or tree strap? I can't find the thread right now, but the thing to pay attention to is the type of material the strap is made out of and its intended purpose. One material will not stretch while the other will. One is intended for snatching a vehicle out, so it should stretch a bit. One is intended to be used in conjunction with a winch and so should not stretch. I purchased ARB straps because they were made of the correct materials. I've seen cheaper straps at local stores that were made with the wrong material.

I can't say if the Teraflex is correct or not. I know my ARB has performed as expected in the few times I've used it.

Recovery...to hook from one vehicle to another. I know the ARB straps stretch to aid in recovery and prevent breaking and jolting. From what I see online, the Teraflex has some elasticity as well. I may just go ahead and order the ARB strap tomorrow since I know it's been proven. Just hope it's in by next Friday, which I don't have any doubts.

Recovery...to hook from one vehicle to another. I know the ARB straps stretch to aid in recovery and prevent breaking and jolting. From what I see online, the Teraflex has some elasticity as well. I may just go ahead and order the ARB strap tomorrow since I know it's been proven. Just hope it's in by next Friday, which I don't have any doubts.

Pretty sure you can order these through Amazon.

I'll go ahead and throw my plans out there for the trip, as they are firmed up now. I'll be down Friday evening; has anyone reserved a camping spot that has room for me to throw my tent down? My wife started a new job working the night shift, so I can only wheel til about 4pm on saturday then I have to head home to watch the baby. :naw:

Also, are we planning on just eating snacks out on the trail for lunch or is anyone planning on heading back to base camp to make lunch? Doesn't matter either way, just need to know so I pack accordingly.

And finally, I figured we could discuss what trails we want to run, what CB Channel we'll be using and what order we're going to stack the rigs when we all get together? Unless someone has other ideas.

See y'all next weekend!

-Erik

I'll go ahead and throw my plans out there for the trip, as they are firmed up now. I'll be down Friday evening; has anyone reserved a camping spot that has room for me to throw my tent down? My wife started a new job working the night shift, so I can only wheel til about 4pm on saturday then I have to head home to watch the baby. :naw:

Also, are we planning on just eating snacks out on the trail for lunch or is anyone planning on heading back to base camp to make lunch? Doesn't matter either way, just need to know so I pack accordingly.

And finally, I figured we could discuss what trails we want to run, what CB Channel we'll be using and what order we're going to stack the rigs when we all get together? Unless someone has other ideas.

See y'all next weekend!

-Erik

For tent camping, you don't need a reservation. There is LOTS of room.

We are planning on bringing snacks/sandwiches on the trail with us also.

Trails, CB, and order - I agree.

Top Bottom