SMORR June 13th-14th

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Great. I can share with some guys that I wheel with if you're okay with it. Several other Jeeps, a couple of XTerras, and a Toyota 4Runner. Don't have to if you'd prefer not.

I'm always up for a crowd, just don't know how many we want in the group. I've never organized anything like this before. Maybe EZ-E has advice on the proper group size for the park, understanding that we don't necessarily have to stick together all day. How many rigs are you thinking?

I'm always up for a crowd, just don't know how many we want in the group. I've never organized anything like this before. Maybe EZ-E has advice on the proper group size for the park, understanding that we don't necessarily have to stick together all day. How many rigs are you thinking?

Okay cool. They all run CB's and know the park so splitting up wouldn't be a big deal depending on group size.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Okay cool. They all run CB's and know the park so splitting up wouldn't be a big deal depending on group size.

Ok, just give me a count when you hear from them. I just wanna make sure that everyone is aware that this won't be an organized event, it's just some people getting together to hit the trails. I'm really looking forward to just meeting some Wayalife members.

Ok, just give me a count when you hear from them. I just wanna make sure that everyone is aware that this won't be an organized event, it's just some people getting together to hit the trails. I'm really looking forward to just meeting some Wayalife members.

Yep - will do. That's not a problem. That's how I run with these guys anyway.
"If you can make it great, we'll hit the trails. If not, see you next time."

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yep - will do. That's not a problem. That's how I run with these guys anyway.
"If you can make it great, we'll hit the trails. If not, see you next time."

Sounds like a good motto. I just don't want 10 guys relying on me to plan their day of wheeling, but it sounds like they'll be pretty self sufficient:yup:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Anyone who's been to SMORR, do they offer an on-site air compressor to air up before leaving the park? I have yet to get OBA, it's on my wish list, but I don't know if I'll have it by June. Is it even necessary to air down if we're sticking to easy trails.

EZ-E

Anyone who's been to SMORR, do they offer an on-site air compressor to air up before leaving the park? I have yet to get OBA, it's on my wish list, but I don't know if I'll have it by June. Is it even necessary to air down if we're sticking to easy trails.

They do. And yea, even the easy trails are pretty rocky/bumpy and I'd recommend airing down. Some of the trails are pretty tight so I wouldn't recommend a huge group. Like was said above, we can always just split up if the group gets too large.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
They do. And yea, even the easy trails are pretty rocky/bumpy and I'd recommend airing down. Some of the trails are pretty tight so I wouldn't recommend a huge group. Like was said above, we can always just split up if the group gets too large.
You're telling me I might scratch up my pretty black paint in the tight trails?:crybaby: At this point, since i started this thread so far ahead of time, I'd like to keep it to Wayalife members ONLY, except for the friends that BlackHawk08jk and Greg__Berger have already invited. Just to keep the group(s) smaller.

EZ-E

You're telling me I might scratch up my pretty black paint in the tight trails?:crybaby: At this point, since i started this thread so far ahead of time, I'd like to keep it to Wayalife members ONLY, except for the friends that BlackHawk08jk and Greg__Berger have already invited. Just to keep the group(s) smaller.

Haha, shouldn't be too bad. I don't pay attention too much though since my black paint already has more pinstripes and scratches than I care to count.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Haha, shouldn't be too bad. I don't pay attention too much though since my black paint already has more pinstripes and scratches than I care to count.

Yeah, my brother owns a body shop, so I'll let him take care of it when it gets too bad

MaxPower

Thinking about coming down. Where are there places to stay around there? Don't put me on the maybe list yet as some add ons need to be purchased before I can actual be comfortable wheeling.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thinking about coming down. Where are there places to stay around there? Don't put me on the maybe list yet as some add ons need to be purchased before I can actual be comfortable wheeling.

Like I mentioned above, my wife and I will be staying in Springfield (45-60 mins away), plenty of hotels there. We always stay at the La Quinta on South Campbell or with our friends in Republic, but they're having family from out of town staying with them that weekend. What kind of add-ons are you thinking?

BlackHawk08jk

Like I mentioned above, my wife and I will be staying in Springfield (45-60 mins away), plenty of hotels there. We always stay at the La Quinta on South Campbell or with our friends in Republic, but they're having family from out of town staying with them that weekend. What kind of add-ons are you thinking?

If we get enough jeepers together and people want to get together after the day is over I don't live to far off Campbell, if you all would like to I would host an after trail bbq and such. I would need to have an idea a little in advance.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If we get enough jeepers together and people want to get together after the day is over I don't live to far off Campbell, if you all would like to I would host an after trail bbq and such. I would need to have an idea a little in advance.

Sounds awesome man! I was just thinking about going for margaritas after the trail, but BBQ sounds even better! The planning will get a little more thorough once we get closer to the date.

BlackHawk08jk

Sounds awesome man! I was just thinking about going for margaritas after the trail, but BBQ sounds even better! The planning will get a little more thorough once we get closer to the date.

I'm good with that we can have a bbq and have some drinks and share our experience of the day. Hopefully have a few good laughs. (Good drinks good food and new friends)

Lake Bum

I hate to admit this but I've owned 3 Wranglers in the last 15 years, live 45 minutes from SMORR and have never been. :doh:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I hate to admit this but I've owned 3 Wranglers in the last 15 years, live 45 minutes from SMORR and have never been. :doh:

Come along! The reason I started this thread is because I haven't seen any Missouri Wayalifers get a run together. Also figured that three months in advance was plenty of time for everybody to plan.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

I know what you mean though...I live 45 mins from Moonlight Racing park which opened 3-4 years ago, and I've never been there.

Top Bottom