SMORR, Labor Day Weekend 2018

Tumbleweed

I just saw this thread.

I've been looking around the Where2Wheel website. Trying to plan a meet up w/ a buddy from Ft. Worth area. Missouri is in the middle for us. SMORR looks like a decent place. Are there enough trails there to make a decent ride? We'd probably do a couple other ORV parks/trails to make the trips worthwhile. Any other places to consider?
Thanks a bunch,
Jerry.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I've been looking around the Where2Wheel website. Trying to plan a meet up w/ a buddy from Ft. Worth area. Missouri is in the middle for us. SMORR looks like a decent place. Are there enough trails there to make a decent ride? We'd probably do a couple other ORV parks/trails to make the trips worthwhile. Any other places to consider?
Thanks a bunch,
Jerry.

For sure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks a bunch,
Jerry.

Here’s a map of SMORR, looks pretty big.
http://www.smorr.net/_d/SMORRMAP.pdf
I personally never been there but there are plenty of videos on YouTube to get an idea what to expect.
Other great place to go is Badlands in Indiana, I frequent there. Some other places in a region are RedBird, Flat Nasty. Go on google maps zoom out pretty far and type in off-road park in the search bar.

Thanks a bunch,
Jerry.

I've been to SMORR a few times and there is plenty to run. Last time I went, me and a few friends wheeled for two days and only got about half the park done. There are trials for basic stock jeeps all the way up to full on bouncers and a ton to pick from. If you decide to camp they have clean, hot showers there which is also a huge plus.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
If my rig is back from getting the axles in, I'd be in. I'm taking it in July 30th so we'll see.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I've been to SMORR a few times and there is plenty to run. Last time I went, me and a few friends wheeled for two days and only got about half the park done. There are trials for basic stock jeeps all the way up to full on bouncers and a ton to pick from. If you decide to camp they have clean, hot showers there which is also a huge plus.

If you decide to come out and play, you can show us around.

If you decide to come out and play, you can show us around.

Yea I don't mind, there is an app you can download called Maprika. It has the SMORR map loaded to it and gives you a real time GPS tracking of what trail your on and an outline of what all you've already hit. Worst case is download that and use it as a make shift trail guide. I'm definitely going to try and make it out, but again all depends on if I can get the wife's blessing seeing how I'll be gone the two weeks before hand for training.

TC1201JK

Bump
I really don’t like the ratio here. We need to get the ‘going’ list filled up! Too many maybes right now. It’ll be fun, I promise.

Well here’s another maybe [emoji51]. If I’m not heading to Redbird again this Labor Day I’m in. Went last year to Redbird with my brother and a few jeeps from his local club and it was awesome but I’d like to branch out a little. I’ll know for sure in 2 weeks.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Well here’s another maybe [emoji51]. If I’m not heading to Redbird again this Labor Day I’m in. Went last year to Redbird with my brother and a few jeeps from his local club and it was awesome but I’d like to branch out a little. I’ll know for sure in 2 weeks.

It’s good to try different places....

Added to maybe list, hope to see you there!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I just found out today, there are 2 trails in SMORR, that could earn you a Jeep Badge of Honor.
1. Pee Wee’s Crossing
3-5 difficulty
2. Guard Rail
5-6 difficulty
I am hoping to run both of these. If anybody is interested in the badge, download an app from the AppStore on your phone and create an account.

Couple of these puppies:
IMG_7041.JPG

Last edited:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Labor Day Run at SMORR

Count me in for SMORR. I have been wanting to get there for some time. Look forward to running with you all.

DogHouse

Add me to the “going” list. I’ll probably only be running 2-3’s as life happened and I don’t think I’ll be able to get my TrueTrac’s in before the trip.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Add me to the “going” list. I’ll probably only be running 2-3’s as life happened and I don’t think I’ll be able to get my TrueTrac’s in before the trip.

Done, awesome, good to have you on the going list. We are up to 5 Jeeps now [emoji41]

We can start out with easy trails and see how it goes, you might be ok on the harder trails if you pick right lines. Again, we’ll scope it out once we are there, I never been there so I don’t really know what to expect. I do want to run the 2 trails to earn the Jeep Badges of Honor.

Top Bottom