SMORR (MO) Trip June 18th

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Thats good to hear.

I didn't realize they had additional trails that were not posted on their website also. There looks to be a handful of new trails on your map

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, I was under my jeep a little while ago and came across something a bit concerning. It looks as though my track bar mount has completely broke free on one side where its welded to the axle. Not 100% sure whats going on here yet, but Im hoping I can get this ironed out before the weekend.. It also appears I bent my passenger side axle c's not really sure yet, going to see what I can get figured out. IMG_0579.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Get that fixed asap. Weld it up. May not hurt to add a gussett or two until you figure out what happened like I pictured below. After welding it, make sure your axle is centered and check that something else isn't going on (like a bad control arm or bushing) that's causing that to break. Not safe if you drive on that.

IMG_0579.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Get that fixed asap. Weld it up. May not hurt to add a gussett or two until you figure out what happened like I pictured below. After welding it, make sure your axle is centered and check that something else isn't going on (like a bad control arm or bushing) that's causing that to break. Not safe if you drive on that.

View attachment 208279

Thanks WJCO, going to try and get this welded up tomorrow and see whats up

WJCO

Meme King
It could be as simple as a bad weld that broke, but looking at the amount of rust, that vehicle has a decent amount of miles on it. A bad weld would have likely gone a lot earlier.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Man, well at least you noticed this before and not during.

Yeah, I just hope I can get it figured out before the weekend

It could be as simple as a bad weld that broke, but looking at the amount of rust, that vehicle has a decent amount of miles on it. A bad weld would have likely gone a lot earlier.

I hope its just a bad weld, but I suspect their might be some other issues. Im taking it in tomorrow afternoon to see whats going on

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Hope it works out for you Trainwreck.

I'll shoot for 0900 as well, it's just under an hour for me so it shouldn't be a problem.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
A lot of the trails have changed this year, some have gone up two levels since all the rain we had this spring. I'm sure Brandon has the maps updated by now though

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Hope you guys have a great time, unfortunately I cannot make it on this one. Should be a great time and I'm pretty jealous of all of you going right now..

FNGsport

The pictures do not do these hills justice. SMORR was great! I will be going back again before the summer is over. I didn't take a lot, but the other members who went should be posting what they took also. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466377074.830239.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376939.455749.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376956.010398.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376906.127569.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466377100.581088.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466377121.467182.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466377138.490433.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
That was a great time. Weather really couldn't have been better. I'll try to post some more pics later in the week.

FNGsport

Looks like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to get out there and check it out

Nothing broke and nobody got hurt. Was a great time! Mike and Dirk are some stand up guys. Had a great time wheeling with them. We need to do it again soon and get some more people together.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Nothing broke and nobody got hurt. Was a great time! Mike and Dirk are some stand up guys. Had a great time wheeling with them. We need to do it again soon and get some more people together.

Nothing seriously broke, just bent ;) :2thumbsup:

Top Bottom