Snorkel? Or Snorkel!

BigPrince

Depends on the design...the RR snorkel has turns and connections - one of them appears to be smaller than the rest of the ducting in cross section.....would not be surprised to find it was airflow limiting. I've talked with a couple of guys with 3.6 JKUs with Magnuson superchargers and AEV snorkels who haven't mentioned any problems.
I personally wasn't planning on forced induction.....in Australia it becomes a very expensive proposition. :icon_crazy: :rolleyes2:

Ask them to measure their boost. AEV did change their design to better flow but I'm betting they're still restricted.

Surprised or not, 9.72psi versus 2.6psi is a lot. Like can't breathe alot.

greasypete

I just wanted to throw in this picture

I ended up with this:

1414856942__treaflex09.jpg

after gong to fast through a mudhole. Will I buy a snorkel? No, just drive slower the next time ...

Pete

PS This is an european diesel engine

Pyro1415

Depends on the design...the RR snorkel has turns and connections - one of them appears to be smaller than the rest of the ducting in cross section.....would not be surprised to find it was airflow limiting. I've talked with a couple of guys with 3.6 JKUs with Magnuson superchargers and AEV snorkels who haven't mentioned any problems.
I personally wasn't planning on forced induction.....in Australia it becomes a very expensive proposition. :icon_crazy: :rolleyes2:

At work I sometimes install hvac ducts every turn definitely hurts flow. I have a rr snorkel it didn't effect the power or gas mileage of my 3.8. If I switch to a sc I'll probably switch to an aev or a vortex. So air flow has a more direct route. I drive like a retard and my snorkel has saved my engine on more than one occurrence.

Top Bottom