Snorkel? Or Snorkel!

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: For the love of god, it was just an opinion posted up on the internet. No need to get so butthurt over someone thinking you're a moron for feeling the "need" to have a snorkel just so that you "have fun in nature" blowing through mud and water like an idiot. :crazyeyes:

Ok, so far in this thread I've been told to "chill out" and "no need to get so butthurt" but I'm really having trouble seeing where any of my comments warranted those responses. I guess I'm missing something.

I guess since you are new to jeeps, as you've said twice in this thread, you may not know that blowing through water and mud can be fun. My 3 and 6 year old especially enjoy it.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Just buy the snorkel that remounts all your electrical components up 5 feet in the air and problem solved.....Think it comes with a can of engine medic too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so far in this thread I've been told to "chill out" and "no need to get so butthurt" but I'm really having trouble seeing where any of my comments warranted those responses. I guess I'm missing something.

Oh, I'm sorry. You just kept on bringing up the whole "moronic" thing like it meant something. My mistake.

I guess since you are new to jeeps, as you've said twice in this thread, you may not know that blowing through water and mud can be fun. My 3 and 6 year old especially enjoy it.

Like I said, I'm new to Jeeps and clearly, I have no idea what would be considered "fun in nature". Being that your 3 and 6 year old especially enjoy blowing through water and mud, I suppose it's something that a juvenile would enjoy doing. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, before you get all butthurt again, please note that Sharkey is a close personal friend of mine and I just told him that he's a juvenile for enjoy doing what you apparently enjoy doing too. :yup:

LeighP

Well thank you for all the replies and the back and fourth to come to the conclusion that snorkels are not needed.
I would like to look into extending breather tubes and what not though, just incase. I probably have to change my fluids since I have gone through salt water that touched the base of my body. I went through a carwash after but there is most likely water in places it shouldn't be now. worse yet its salt water..

anyone have some pics of finshed look of extended breather tubes or what you did to accomplish this?

I extended my front and rear differential breathers by removing the white plastic breather caps off the ends of the breather hoses, fitting 3/8" tube joiners and then extending the breather hose up into the top of the engine bay, and up behind the RH rear tail light inside the quarter.
I added some 3/8" fuel filters onto the ends of the hose to keep dust out of the breather lines/axles......probably (almost certainly) overkill.......you could just stick the plastic breather caps back on the ends of the hose and call it quits.
The breathers for the auto and transfer case are up behind/on top of the engine, so I consider them to be fine the way they are....hopefully I'll never doing something stupid enough to compromise them.

Front

Rear

Only cost a few dollars and an hour of my time......you can buy commercial kits to do this, but I can't think why you'd bother to pay that much.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
BTW, before you get all butthurt again, please note that Sharkey is a close personal friend of mine and I just told him that he's a juvenile for enjoy doing what you apparently enjoy doing too. :yup:

The difference is I know that blowing through water and mud is juvenile...and I don't get butthurt over stuff.

shortyokc

Guys in my local jeep club buried 1 jeep in the river last night and 2 more jeeps severely stuck trying to get him out. I paticularly don't care for turning my jeep into a submarine but don't mind watching others. snorkels do look cool and maybe if I ever get my priority list of jeep mods finished I might get the rugged ridge. Working for a dealership iv seen the aftermath of a year later all the electrical connections corroding and engine/trans failures from water intrusion.

Attachments

• 1444567772455.jpg
    1444567772455.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 1444567783308.jpg
    1444567783308.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 122

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Guys in my local jeep club buried 1 jeep in the river last night and 2 more jeeps severely stuck trying to get him out. I paticularly don't care for turning my jeep into a submarine but don't mind watching others. snorkels do look cool and maybe if I ever get my priority list of jeep mods finished I might get the rugged ridge. Working for a dealership iv seen the aftermath of a year later all the electrical connections corroding and engine/trans failures from water intrusion.

Urban jeeping? That looks like sewer water. Hope no one got hep c

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
The difference is I know that blowing through water and mud is juvenile...and I don't get butthurt over stuff.

There is indeed a difference.

I thought the jeep way of life included being part of a diverse and inclusive community.

As how I choose to utilize my jeep in the terrain available in my region has been deemed moronic, idiotic, and juvenile, it appears that I was wrong about that notion.

I accept that I'm wrong and will no longer hijack this thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is indeed a difference.

I thought the jeep way of life included being part of a diverse and inclusive community.

As how I choose to utilize my jeep in the terrain available in my region has been deemed moronic, idiotic, and juvenile, it appears that I was wrong about that notion.

I accept that I'm wrong and will no longer hijack this thread.

Funny, I don't recall anyone suggesting that you not be a part of this community - just that you're a juvenile, idiotic moron for choosing to utilize your Jeep in the way you do in the terrain available in your region. But hey, I can't stop you from believing what you choose to believe and getting all butthurt over a whole lot of nothing :yup:

That's a lot of words. I fixed it for you.

:clap2: In a nutshell, that about sums it up :crazyeyes:

Sokymike

Ok I'll throw my hat in this ring lol in my opinion it's no ones business to tell anyone how to use they're jeep personally I'm with sharkey water and mud is not fun and my kids also love it lol I'm new to this forum but so far all I've seen on here is grown men arguing like teenage school girls in my opinion you need to put your tampons back in and quit muddling up the thread with some personal vendetta for a clean jeep or whatever it is go pound pavement (and sand) and quit knocking everyone else's fun

Grubbicon

Ok I'll throw my hat in this ring lol in my opinion it's no ones business to tell anyone how to use they're jeep personally I'm with sharkey water and mud is not fun and my kids also love it lol I'm new to this forum but so far all I've seen on here is grown men arguing like teenage school girls in my opinion you need to put your tampons back in and quit muddling up the thread with some personal vendetta for a clean jeep or whatever it is go pound pavement (and sand) and quit knocking everyone else's fun

Man you sure do know how to stir the pot. Perhaps if you dont like it here just keep going.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Lol welcome to WAL! :standingwave:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Okay, I'll throw my hat back into this ring LOL. In MY OPINION, this is a FORUM where people SHARE THEIR OPINIONS. Just because YOU don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean you have a right to tell anyone that it's not their business to do so. Clearly, you are new to this forum and so far, what I've seen of you is a grown man behaving like a teenage school girl and it is you who should put your tampon back in and quit muddling up a thread with your butthurt feelings. Now, how about you go hydro-lock your motor and quit knocking everyone else for having an opinion just like you. Oh, and unless one of your kids was writing this for you, try learning how to PUNCTUATE your sentences.

JerseyJK

Agreed. I grew up in the passenger seat of a jeep while the thing was ripping through mud holes. I don't think anyone's an idiot for driving their jeep through mud and water.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Word association time:

Tampon->period->punctuation

Top Bottom