So Cal area wheeling, May 7th

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
so with some weather coming up this weekend in So Cal its suppose to be in the 30s at Big Bear and chance of rain/snow. so for sake of trying to keep it kinda warm and nice what are thoughts about Cougar Buttes in the Lucerne Valley area?

jesse3638

Hooked
Sweet, added you.

but we are going on Sunday....

Yeah I'm an idiot and was thinking the 7th was Saturday..haha. My appointment to potentially get out of the boot is Monday. Let me know if you guys end up somewhere after the run and I'll try to meet up with everyone. Weather is supposed to take a turn Sunday and be pretty chilly.

dillard09

so with some weather coming up this weekend in So Cal its suppose to be in the 30s at Big Bear and chance of rain/snow. so for sake of trying to keep it kinda warm and nice what are thoughts about Cougar Buttes in the Lucerne Valley area?
Somewhere warmer than Big Bear would be nice!
So I just watched the local weatherman and he said it would be chiller but said a slight chance of rain.
So it could be sunny and 100 degrees or rain 10" or anywhere in between. I would make a great weatherman!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Somewhere warmer than Big Bear would be nice!
So I just watched the local weatherman and he said it would be chiller but said a slight chance of rain.
So it could be sunny and 100 degrees or rain 10" or anywhere in between. I would make a great weatherman!

Thats a CYA forecast..haha.

JeepJeep75

Ahhhh weather people. One of the few jobs where you are totally just guessing, and everyone listens to what you have to say, every time, again and again. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

Hey guys, I'm new to the Jeep world as of about a month an a half ago. I read through JeepJeep75's build last night and then saw this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I live in North Redondo and I think I even saw JeepJeep75 on the corner of Artesia and Aviation this afternoon. I picked up a 2014 Sport S and the first thing I did was swap out the tires for some low mileage Rubi take-offs. I've been doing small interior mods while I learn and plan for the bigger stuff. I've hit Hungry Valley, Anza Borrego, and Rowher Flats in the last month and I'm having a blast!

Anyway, I'm looking to meet some guys in the area to wheel with and learn from so I don't go bankrupt from repairs. There's so many lift options and opinions my head has been spinning. I figure the best thing is to get out there and talk to as many people as I can and feel the ride in person.

I have no problem leaving my rig at home to ride with guys who know what they're doing. I'd love to join you Sunday but watching some videos from Cougar Buttes I don't think a stocker would be able to do much there.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

Hey guys, I'm new to the Jeep world as of about a month an a half ago. I read through JeepJeep75's build last night and then saw this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I live in North Redondo and I think I even saw JeepJeep75 on the corner of Artesia and Aviation this afternoon. I picked up a 2014 Sport S and the first thing I did was swap out the tires for some low mileage Rubi take-offs. I've been doing small interior mods while I learn and plan for the bigger stuff. I've hit Hungry Valley, Anza Borrego, and Rowher Flats in the last month and I'm having a blast!

Anyway, I'm looking to meet some guys in the area to wheel with and learn from so I don't go bankrupt from repairs. There's so many lift options and opinions my head has been spinning. I figure the best thing is to get out there and talk to as many people as I can and feel the ride in person.

I have no problem leaving my rig at home to ride with guys who know what they're doing. I'd love to join you Sunday but watching some videos from Cougar Buttes I don't think a stocker would be able to do much there.

Sean

Welcome to WAL. You should post this along with some pics of your Jeep in the wave section so more people will see it.

JeepJeep75

Sean

Hi Sean. If we do go to the Buttes, from what I saw the last time we were there, there are bypasses around the area. We saw a few stock jeeps cruze thru the areas we were in. My wifey might not attend, so if she bows out, you're welcome to ride shotgun.

dillard09

Sean

Hey Sean! Welcome to the family. Like Baddestcross said stop by and give a wave. You could basically put exactly what you just said.
So jeepjeep75 and i both live in Redondo. I'm up off Wollacott. We are always doing some kind of work on the jeeps. Maybe you can stop by sometime.
Would love to have you come along with us this coming weekend.
Jake

JeepJeep75

Hey Sean! Welcome to the family. Like Baddestcross said stop by and give a wave. You could basically put exactly what you just said.
So jeepjeep75 and i both live in Redondo. I'm up off Wollacott. We are always doing some kind of work on the jeeps. Maybe you can stop by sometime.
Would love to have you come along with us this coming weekend.
Jake

He has a Wave thread. I bumped it to the top. [emoji106]

seansheds

Hi Sean. If we do go to the Buttes, from what I saw the last time we were there, there are bypasses around the area. We saw a few stock jeeps cruze thru the areas we were in. My wifey might not attend, so if she bows out, you're welcome to ride shotgun.

That would be awesome. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what you guys decided. Even if your wife goes I may still roll out with you guys if there's bypasses.

seansheds

I posted a wave last week! I saw that was basically required. ;-)

I'd love to stop by!

My next mod is probably going to be Evo sliders so maybe one of you guys can recommend someone in the area to weld them that doesn't charge $216 like Evo quoted me. That's a steep price IMO and if I have to pay that much I may consider LoD bolt-on.

Top Bottom