So Cal area wheeling, May 7th

dillard09

I posted a wave last week! I saw that was basically required. ;-)

I'd love to stop by!

My next mod is probably going to be Evo sliders so maybe one of you guys can recommend someone in the area to weld them that doesn't charge $216 like Evo quoted me. That's a steep price IMO and if I have to pay that much I may consider LoD bolt-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rite on! We will be doing some beadlocks and a couple other things on Sat at my place. You should stop by.
Jeepjeep75 has been know to weld on his own evo sliders and they are still holding! Ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
That would be awesome. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what you guys decided. Even if your wife goes I may still roll out with you guys if there's bypasses.

Would love for you to come and there are for sure way around the hard obstacles. I don't have a tire carrier on and my back seat will be a little full with my stuff and the spare so might not be best to ride with me yet even though I would be open for it. Tire carrier should be on in less than a month though. Let me know if you want me to add you to the attendance list.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

My next mod is probably going to be Evo sliders so maybe one of you guys can recommend someone in the area to weld them that doesn't charge $216 like Evo quoted me. That's a steep price IMO and if I have to pay that much I may consider LoD bolt-on.

In my opinion, that's a good deal. It's a huge pain in the ass to do it yourself. By the time you get all the supplies and set-up and cleanup, it's a good deal. You're getting way more than just a few welds. [emoji106]

seansheds

Would love for you to come and there are for sure way around the hard obstacles. I don't have a tire carrier on and my back seat will be a little full with my stuff and the spare so might not be best to ride with me yet even though I would be open for it. Tire carrier should be on in less than a month though. Let me know if you want me to add you to the attendance list.

Count me in!

seansheds

In my opinion, that's a good deal. It's a huge pain in the ass to do it yourself. By the time you get all the supplies and set-up and cleanup, it's a good deal. You're getting way more than just a few welds. [emoji106]

Ok, good to know. I've never had anything welded so I really don't know. I saw some threads where guys said they paid $80-$100 which seemed more reasonable to me.

JeepJeep75

Ok, good to know. I've never had anything welded so I really don't know. I saw some threads where guys said they paid $80-$100 which seemed more reasonable to me.

I'm assuming that ORE is gonna grind paint off, prep, clean, weld, then paint the welds. Honestly though, I never shopped around for that kind of job so I really don't know. I enjoy doing my own stuff like that. But if I had to charge for it, I think that is a fair rate what ORE is charging.

seansheds

What do you guys typically do for lunch? I have a small propane grill, and I'm happy to supply the burgers, dogs, and buns if you want. Just need an approx headcount. BYO sandwich's is cool too. This is my first rodeo ;-)

Let me know.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
What do you guys typically do for lunch? I have a small propane grill, and I'm happy to supply the burgers, dogs, and buns if you want. Just need an approx headcount. BYO sandwich's is cool too. This is my first rodeo ;-)

Let me know.

Wow!!!! Welcome BUDDY I'm bringing 6 people in my jeep. Please bring sodas and chips as well. I checked with my friends, Hot dogs and burgers are fine. Don't forget all the fixings!!!!!!! It would also be good if you bring us water. 2 cases of Aquafina please.

We don't feel like stopping at the store.

My wife Just told me to remind you to bring enough propane. Don't want you to run out cooking all our lunches.

Remember pack out what you pack in. Bring us trash bags as well. 30 gallon hefty should work just fine. We tend to make a mess when we eat.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

Let me know.

LOL! I don't think we are quite at grilling-status yet. No, sandwiches are fine my man! I don't think we will want to spend that much time with lunch. Setup, grilling for all of us, and cleanup would take at least a few hours. That's gonna cut into some good wheelin' time. The day is gonna seem really short by the time the sun starts to dip, trust me. Last time we were there we just did trail-sandwiches and then had a nice dinner at Chilli's in Hesperia back by the 15 fwy. We were there for the day but it only seemed like a few hours out on the rocks.

seansheds

LOL! I don't think we are quite at grilling-status yet. No, sandwiches are fine my man! I don't think we will want to spend that much time with lunch. Setup, grilling for all of us, and cleanup would take at least a few hours. That's gonna cut into some good wheelin' time. The day is gonna seem really short by the time the sun starts to dip, trust me. Last time we were there we just did trail-sandwiches and then had a nice dinner at Chilli's in Hesperia back by the 15 fwy. We were there for the day but it only seemed like a few hours out on the rocks.

Sounds good!

seansheds

Wow!!!! Welcome BUDDY I'm bringing 6 people in my jeep. Please bring sodas and chips as well. I checked with my friends, Hot dogs and burgers are fine. Don't forget all the fixings!!!!!!! It would also be good if you bring us water. 2 cases of Aquafina please.

We don't feel like stopping at the store.

My wife Just told me to remind you to bring enough propane. Don't want you to run out cooking all our lunches.

Remember pack out what you pack in. Bring us trash bags as well. 30 gallon hefty should work just fine. We tend to make a mess when we eat.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

^^^^^ this guy! 🤡

JeepJeep75

Looks like it's gonna be raining. Dress accordingly and be prepared to stand in the rain if needed. The area is a lot of sand and decomposed granite-type of rock. Traction should not be an issue in the wet. Should be a fun day I hope.

Top Bottom