SoCal Group

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Lisa and I are heading out. Going to run up Coxy Truck Trail (3N14) to Fawnskin then over to Murray's. We'll probably get there between 3-4pm if anyone wants to stop in for a drink.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Greer and I missed you by a few hours . We got back from Holcomb into Fawnskin around 6 . Stuck behind some stock yotas on the trail .

Hope you guys had a good time

IMG_2716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Let’s at least get some flex shots from MJT later

What a day! First off the Jeep handled great! What a difference from stock. So much more enjoyable to wheel. Everything was going smooth, we were making great time, then the last 1/4 mile a WJ with us lost all function in the tranny. Thats when things got a little crazy... We had to chain 3 rigs together to get him out and he blew a bead twice... once in the worst spot possible. When we left, my steering wheel was at a 90 degree angle ... bent my drag link... death wobble became apparent and my traction control light came on... I’ll put together some pics ... Fun day.

rubiDave

You drove home that way?
What a day! First off the Jeep handled great! What a difference from stock. So much more enjoyable to wheel. Everything was going smooth, we were making great time, then the last 1/4 mile a WJ with us lost all function in the tranny. Thats when things got a little crazy... We had to chain 3 rigs together to get him out and he blew a bead twice... once in the worst spot possible. When we left, my steering wheel was at a 90 degree angle ... bent my drag link... death wobble became apparent and my traction control light came on... I’ll put together some pics ... Fun day.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Greer and I missed you by a few hours . We got back from Holcomb into Fawnskin around 6 . Stuck behind some stock yotas on the trail .

Hope you guys had a good time

View attachment 329877

Oh man. Last time we saw that dude, his rear wheels were suspended off the ground by his hitch on a rock and his LC was perpendicular to the trail. Kind of a shit show. They’re probably still out there.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Oh man. Last time we saw that dude, his rear wheels were suspended off the ground by his hitch on a rock and his LC was perpendicular to the trail. Kind of a shit show. They’re probably still out there.

The trails in Big Bear on the weekends are filled with this kind of stuff. I don't have the patience to deal with it a lot of times. If I do run any of them I try for midweek. Then you're practically all alone. I almost got hit head on by a guy in an F350 yesterday that was hauling ass through a blind section of Coxy truck trail. SxS are even worse. I like to go fast as much as the next guy but there is a time and place for it.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
The trails in Big Bear on the weekends are filled with this kind of stuff. I don't have the patience to deal with it a lot of times. If I do run any of them I try for midweek. Then you're practically all alone. I almost got hit head on by a guy in an F350 yesterday that was hauling ass through a blind section of Coxy truck trail. SxS are even worse. I like to go fast as much as the next guy but there is a time and place for it.

I can't tell you how many time I've come around a corner and find bikes or side by's flying along the trail.... Their eye's get HUGE when they see my Jeep in their way....

fiend

Caught the Bug

We got delayed a fair amount by these guys and a different group on Dishpan. C’est la vie. We had fun and got through with no major issues.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
We got delayed a fair amount by these guys and a different group on Dishpan. C’est la vie. We had fun and got through with no major issues.

Agree was still a good time . Take a slow day wheeling over another at home .

Greer’s expert spotting on the waterfall
IMG_1978.jpg

Mini wave:
IMG_2751.jpg

Clearanced the Dynomax exhaust:
IMG_2742.jpg

Had a sidewall leak and had to patch:
IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Looks like a good time.... bummer about the sidewall... do you know how it happened?

Honestly it was leaking so slowly I had no idea until it was flat this morning . We aired up and drove back from BB to Lake arrowhead .. no issues and leak didn’t show up on TPMS . Was really slow and required spray bottle with soap to identify

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

BaddestCross

Top Bottom