SoCal Group

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well worth the 50 bucks or whatever they cost.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

But what about practically . Thought I had read a bunch of posts about others with sidewalk issues or tears and warranty replaced with no questions . Otherwise seems fairly pointless even at 25 a tire

I didn’t say you couldn’t. I said technically, no it’s not covered. Read the fine print.

I’ve had three or four replaced though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Went up to Mottino wash this past weekend with a few buddies and put the new Double Throw Down Suspension through its paces. Holy crap it's amazing!! So amazing it broke my jeep. I literally blew my power steering pump bombing through the desert and melted my power steering reservoir and cap...insane. Other than finding that new weak point it was an amazing day. I wasn't able to get up the waterfall after several attempts. Looking back I had my PSI set way too low. The new DTD adds a bit more weight to the rear so I should have recalibrated my stauns to put a bit more PSI in the rear as I lost about 1.5" of clearance due to the tires being so low, especially with a fridge full of beer on an uphill climb. A few lessons learned. - 1) Start on a known trail to do a shakedown, that way you know what to expect and can take note of any changes/differences. 2) Not all PSI is created equal. Any changes to your rig weight wise can require adjusting what you normally run for tire pressure. Probably the same goes for different tires. People always ask "what PSI should I run" and the answer should probably always be "it depends" 3) Just cause your suspension can handle going fast doesn't mean the rest of your jeep can. I need to upgrade my power steering components here soon and probably add a truss to my axles before aIbend them. I tagged my rear driveshaft pretty bad on an optional line and ended up having to drop it once we got to pavement. Needless to say it was an eventful trip. The weather was perfect and the rig did well considering.

IMG_1058.jpg IMG_1057.jpg IMG_1035.jpg IMG_1037.jpg IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Went up to Mottino wash this past weekend with a few buddies and put the new Double Throw Down Suspension through its paces. Holy crap it's amazing!! So amazing it broke my jeep. I literally blew my power steering pump bombing through the desert and melted my power steering reservoir and cap...insane. Other than finding that new weak point it was an amazing day. I wasn't able to get up the waterfall after several attempts. Looking back I had my PSI set way too low. The new DTD adds a bit more weight to the rear so I should have recalibrated my stauns to put a bit more PSI in the rear as I lost about 1.5" of clearance due to the tires being so low, especially with a fridge full of beer on an uphill climb. A few lessons learned. - 1) Start on a known trail to do a shakedown, that way you know what to expect and can take note of any changes/differences. 2) Not all PSI is created equal. Any changes to your rig weight wise can require adjusting what you normally run for tire pressure. Probably the same goes for different tires. People always ask "what PSI should I run" and the answer should probably always be "it depends" 3) Just cause your suspension can handle going fast doesn't mean the rest of your jeep can. I need to upgrade my power steering components here soon and probably add a truss to my axles before aIbend them. I tagged my rear driveshaft pretty bad on an optional line and ended up having to drop it once we got to pavement. Needless to say it was an eventful trip. The weather was perfect and the rig did well considering.

View attachment 329988 View attachment 329989 View attachment 329990 View attachment 329991 View attachment 329992

View attachment 329987

Looks like a great day. More reasons to spend more money on your Jeep. [emoji857] Get a power steering cooler.

I think I bent my driveshaft on that same rock a while back. [emoji23]

As it happens, on Saturday we were waiting at the Holcomb gatekeeper for a group to get through in the opposite direction. Their spotter told us that one of the drivers in their group was Mr Mottino, the namesake for Mottino Wash.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug

View attachment 329988 View attachment 329989 View attachment 329990 View attachment 329991 View attachment 329992

View attachment 329987
Looks great... Maybe Hydro next??

fiend

Caught the Bug
I just ordered the PSC kit with everything but the RAM. Gonna see how that performs. If it still needs some more power I'll be able to add the Ram pretty easily.

Sweet. But if you’re going that far, why not go all in and add the ram. That’s really the heart of the system.

BaddestCross

It's beautiful up there. Was seeing if anyone has plans for closer like Big Bear or something?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nice Monache is awesome . Should be decent fishing [emoji476]

Yeah, I love it up there... Would've been fishing if I had time to go buy a fucking license. [emoji849]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom