Soft top separation

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just folded the soft top back for the first time this year. As I’m driving up the highway I see something flapping on the top. I inspect it just now and see that the top has separated from the crossbars. Almost like the fabric tore somehow. Has this happened to others? If so what did you do to repair it outside of getting a new top lol
IMG_0051.jpeg IMG_0052.jpeg

Andy5160

Hooked
That sucks Steve. I been looking to get me used soft top and the cheapest i found was on ebay like a month ago for like $800. If you pull the trigger on Mopar one i suggest to go with the premium twill material they are made better.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That sucks Steve. I been looking to get me used soft top and the cheapest i found was on ebay like a month ago for like $800. If you pull the trigger on Mopar one i suggest to go with the premium twill material they are made better.
Yea been looking for a twill. Cheapest I found around me was 1k and that had some damage to the frame 🙄

jeeeep

Hooked
Well to make matters worse I took the doors off today and went to fold the top down. As I opened the sun rider the back dropped on its own without me pulling the lever 🤬 I can’t get it to fold down now. Looks like I will be buying a new top.
View attachment 406493
The JL soft top has locking tabs on each side when it's in the down position, have you checked to see if they are unlocked? if locked it will keep it from folding down as well as once folded down keep it down.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have a brand new rain cover
let me know if you want it and ill drop it off.
I got it back up to the Bimini spot. Thank you tho!
The JL soft top has locking tabs on each side when it's in the down position, have you checked to see if they are unlocked? if locked it will keep it from folding down as well as once folded down keep it down.
Yea they are unlocked. That was one of the first things I checked. It looks like something in the rear section that holds the rear up broke. Have the top fully up is all that is holding it.

Top Bottom