SOLD : RUBICAT - 2012 JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited / 40's + EVO DTD

JK07

fiend

Caught the Bug
Lol I was honestly expecting some opinions about any changes that I make since it’s such a familiar Jeep and many know and love it as Eddie had it but I really didn’t expect the first comments to be about stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stickers are important to some people here. It’s been a subject of prior “discussion.” Anyway, enjoy the new (to you) ride. It’s a sweet build.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
... and the huge Dynatrac and Cooper stickers from the full doors. The windshield was replaced. There was no agreement with a Eddie that I’d keep any. In fact, I told him most would be removed.

I had one Wayalife sticker on my 07, and I still have one on Rubicat.

They are just stickers.

LOL!! Honestly, I assumed you were going to remove ALL the decals. At least, based on what you were telling me. The fact that you kept some but chose to remove the WAYALIFE windshield decal is a little surprising. But hey, it is your Jeep now.

For the amount of money he paid, I'm sure he can do what he wants. 🤪

Not sure why money would have anything to with it. This is his fricken Jeep and he should do whatever he wants with it.

Stickers are important to some people here. It’s been a subject of prior “discussion.” Anyway, enjoy the new (to you) ride. It’s a sweet build.

Apparently, stickers are important to you. At least, it's been a subject that you seem to care about.

JK07

LOL!! Honestly, I assumed you were going to remove ALL the decals. At least, based on what you were telling me. The fact that you kept some but chose to remove the WAYALIFE windshield decal is a little surprising. But hey, it is your Jeep now.

Not sure why money would have anything to with it. This is his fricken Jeep and he should do whatever he wants with it.

Apparently, stickers are important to you. At least, it's been a subject that you seem to care about.

Well like I said, I replaced the windshield due to catching a rock in Indiana on the way home.
I recall that I did tell you at dinner that I’d likely leave the bottom row of small decals but that they may end up going away as well as I’ve never really been one to sticker-up my vehicles.

It was not meant to ruffle any feathers or send any message as some may be thinking. It’s simply my preference.

It’s a great Jeep and I’ve been very transparent in every conversation about who built it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well like I said, I replaced the windshield due to catching a rock in Indiana on the way home.
I recall that I did tell you at dinner that I’d likely leave the bottom row of small decals but that they may end up going away as well as I’ve never really been one to sticker-up my vehicles.

It was not meant to ruffle any feathers or send any message as some may be thinking. It’s simply my preference.

It’s a great Jeep and I’ve been very transparent in every conversation about who built it.

LOL!! No feathers ruffled here. Like I said, it's your Jeep now :yup:

Zevulin

Looks real nice stickerless![emoji631]

Ddays

Hooked
It's probably not about following them but about the DMV drone who will check boxes on a form when he tries to get a license plate. I gotta be honest, I love the whole no inspections in Florida deal...

In Pa the inspections are done by independent garages. When a vehicle is bought from out of state the process is identical to getting a yearly inspection. Your relationship (or lack thereof) with a garage determines how easy the process can be or not be. Simple as that.

As far as the no inspection deal thats all well and good for most folks but I live 3 miles from the eastern border of Ohio where they also don't have an inspection and based on some of the fucking shit traps that I see I say bring on the yearly inspections Ohio you need 'em! There's an awful lot of lazy idiots out there that don't maintain or check their shit out so at least with a yearly check it keeps some junk off the roads :twocents:

Jsouder53

Hooked
There's an awful lot of lazy idiots out there that don't maintain or check their shit out so at least with a yearly check it keeps some junk off the roads :twocents:

Agreed, for a while I was glad that Florida didn’t have inspections... then I started noticing all of the run down, falling apart, non maintained vehicles on the road and started wishing for it! Montana doesn’t have inspections either but I don’t see too many run down vehicles yet, but I’m sure they’re out there

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Agreed, for a while I was glad that Florida didn’t have inspections... then I started noticing all of the run down, falling apart, non maintained vehicles on the road and started wishing for it! Montana doesn’t have inspections either but I don’t see too many run down vehicles yet, but I’m sure they’re out there

Mississippi doesn’t have inspections, and I like that, but I see your point. The bad thing is when those inspections go too far, like some states.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Mississippi doesn’t have inspections, and I like that, but I see your point. The bad thing is when those inspections go too far, like some states.

Absolutely, there is that point when the state goes too far on enforcing what you can and can’t do to your own vehicle which would probably drive me out of that state lol but I am happy that Montana doesn’t have inspections!

JK07

In my other JK, I was one of the lucky ones to get singled out by a local township cop for my tread only being half covered. I got a warning but since he is local to me, I had a feeling it would be an issue again for this guy when he saw me around. If I didn’t have this to be concerned about, I wouldn’t choose to run the fenders I have. Unfortunate but I used to live in MD so compared to all of the crap that state pulls in other aspects of life, it’s not so bad.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Clearly this guy is not concerned about any laws regarding fender flares.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_20180731_104100804_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180731_104100804_HDR.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20180731_103955193_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180731_103955193_HDR.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 366
Sorry I'm bringing up an old thread. I just got caught up.

Not going to lie, I was a little sad to see Rubicat stickers removed. I realize it is his jeep now and he can do as he pleases. I just thought it would of been cool to see future photos of Rubicat just in the hands of someone else. Maybe even a reunion some day. Now it just looks like a JKUR (with a lot of mods).

Top Bottom