Solid Battery For JK

newjkjeeper

Hi everyone. I'm new to the jeeping world and I'm learning so no harsh comments please but I have always heard yellow tops are good for having aftermarket lights. Is this not true? I have one on my truck and it has always done good for me. I have recently put a 52" light bar on my jk and was going to upgrade the battery to the same battery. I would like your feed back please

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've read some reports that the Sears platinum is no longer an odyssey and is now made by northstar. Food for thought.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yellow tops are not what they once were (which is why you see them in big box stores like Sam's Club).

JK LYF

I've read some reports that the Sears platinum is no longer an odyssey and is now made by northstar. Food for thought.

That may be it. Im gonna look into it a little more tomorrow. I gotta get a battery asap. I may have one or two more starts left! It's bad.

JakeJK

Don't know about the platinum being discontinued but would look at the new comparable in their line. Love the fact they have front terminals also.

Additionally got a sweet deal opening a commercial account (free). Just tell them the name of your household and your Jeep as a food delivery vehicle. Price drop of $75. Not a bad deal

Pic just invade you can do some more searching and find one.
View attachment 162791 .

You told Sears that and they dropped the price 75?

Rccrwlr

You told Sears that and they dropped the price 75?

Yup. I asked about discounts and one of them Is for commercial accounts. Told them we have a food delivery company and the Jeep is our delivery truck. It delivers food from the store to the house on a regular basis.

JakeJK

Yup. I asked about discounts and one of them Is for commercial accounts. Told them we have a food delivery company and the Jeep is our delivery truck. It delivers food from the store to the house on a regular basis.

Hahaha that was very clever

JakeJK

I've got the stupid mopar battery still i need to upgrade it no telling how long it's been in tgere

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I got a red top yesterday, thinking about returning it now for something else after reading this thread.

utiadam

LOSER
I got a red top yesterday, thinking about returning it now for something else after reading this thread.

Honestly I would. My dad has gone through about 6 of those batteries within a few years. They were from Costco and they warrantied them but it's a hassle.

Angry Aussie

Yellow tops are not what they once were (which is why you see them in big box stores like Sam's Club).

I'm with sharkey on this one, I had one way back in high school and it was amazing, I put one in my JK and I have been less than impressed. They aren't what they used to be. I think Eddie told me they are now made in Mexico so the quality has gone way way way down

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Honestly I would. My dad has gone through about 6 of those batteries within a few years. They were from Costco and they warrantied them but it's a hassle.

Hmm ill see what I can do tonight, I just needed something and thats all they had in stock at the local autozone that fit.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Maybe I will try the new diehard advanced or whatever it is. Deka battery is a huge account of ours at work and they sell 2nds (cosmetic more than anything) and wonder if they have any that are good.

Top Bottom