Solid Battery For JK

seanb123

Maybe I will try the new diehard advanced or whatever it is. Deka battery is a huge account of ours at work and they sell 2nds (cosmetic more than anything) and wonder if they have any that are good.

I've had my diehard for going on 5 years now still cranks hard and can keep my fridge on for days and start right up. I've been very pleased

USMC Wrangler

Me too on the Optima's. Had one in my badass (#sarcasm) high school '81 Malibu and that battery lasted in a couple more beaters I had. Put one in my '99 F150 a few years back and lasted less than a year before the warranty had to be used.

There were several articles I've read in the past couple years that hinted the reason the batteries aren't as good has to do with using recycled lead. The last US lead smelter closed in 2013 I believe. Don't know how true it is, but just made me remember tid bits reading this thread.

JK LYF

Me too on the Optima's. Had one in my badass (#sarcasm) high school '81 Malibu and that battery lasted in a couple more beaters I had. Put one in my '99 F150 a few years back and lasted less than a year before the warranty had to be used.

There were several articles I've read in the past couple years that hinted the reason the batteries aren't as good has to do with using recycled lead. The last US lead smelter closed in 2013 I believe. Don't know how true it is, but just made me remember tid bits reading this thread.

Lol! Remember those high school days! I drove a ford pinto and thought I was a bad ass!

USMC Wrangler

Lol! Remember those high school days! I drove a ford pinto and thought I was a bad ass!

Um, Pintos were bad ass back then! :cheesy: Well, except for the exploding gas tanks when rear ended...:grayno:

The first car I shared with my older sister was a 1980 Dodge Omni. :puke: After that, I worked all summer and saved enough to buy the Malibu. That was definitely more badasser than the Omni. :yup:

Shantz

I've had my yellow top for over a year now, no problems, gets lots of use while the Jeep is not running.

JK LYF

After researching batteries for about a week, considering input from Wayalife members, including the write ups from Eddie, and not being able to locate a Die Hard Platinum, I went with the Odyssey 34/78 -P1500 (dual terminal). I didn't realize what a POS my original battery was until I removed it. Fingers crossed, hoping its worth the money!

Went from this:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441055684.186425.jpg

To this:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441055705.088887.jpg

chipper

This is very interesting to me. I'm sure I'll be needing at battery soon. They don't last long here in FL.
So what's the battery of choice.
Diehard platinum?
If that can't be found what would be the next choice?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I ended up returning the red top, thought about a yellow but they didn't have the right ones. Then went and got a Sears die hard platinum gold blah blah blah that has a 3 year no question warranty.

JK LYF

I ended up returning the red top, thought about a yellow but they didn't have the right ones. Then went and got a Sears die hard platinum gold blah blah blah that has a 3 year no question warranty.

That's what I wanted! Couldn't find one within 50 miles.

Moochie

Did you get a DieHard Gold?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441071978.793237.jpg

Or a DieHard Platinum?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441072054.022333.jpg

The Platinum is the formerly rebadged Odessy. I just replaced mine after 2 years. Wouldn't hold a charge anymore. According to Sears, no more Platinum batteries on the shelves.

I now am the owner of a Northstar AGM battery. :)

JK LYF

View attachment 162957

Or a DieHard Platinum?
View attachment 162958

The Platinum is the formerly rebadged Odessy. I just replaced mine after 2 years. Wouldn't hold a charge anymore. According to Sears, no more Platinum batteries on the shelves.

That's what I learned over the last few days. Wanted the platinum but no more in my area! I was kind of surprised being that just about review gave it great reviews. And the Odyssey was about $50 more than the platinum.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
View attachment 162957

Or a DieHard Platinum?
View attachment 162958

I ended up with the gold. Guy said about the platinum the price was going to go up a lot or something and he thinks thats why they no longer sell it.

Top Bottom