Someone went 100mph in my Jeep

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I wonder if maybe once you guys got some kind of wheel slippage and spun the tires that way, not actually getting the Jeep up to that speed. What are your thoughts? Or maybe it was when a Dyno test was conducted?

swampdog

Surely nobody is putting a their stock engine jk on a dyno... Most likely hitting 95 mph and the breaking the wheels loose when you grab sixth and that accounts for the extra 12 mph. 3.6 POWAHH

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
You'd think its measured by gps though and not the speedo.

You'd think, but how many times have you looked at the GPS screen and found you were driving the wrong side of the road, or suddenly jumped to the correct location. The GPS system would then calculate your speed based on that jump, blamoo... 100 mph!!!

Some reading https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110728073339AA6VczB

You will note that an instantaneous speed calculation is inaccurate. So by reading the 107 MPH on the GPS unit is inaccurate, especially when you are getting the GPS unit to calibrate to multiple satellites when it first is turned on.

Just my two cents.

capiligs

I've got mine to 115mph on 35's seems to be a limiter stopping it going anymore. It's only pulling 4500 rpm in sixth

It's official if you don't have a screen shot lol

Did you figure out how to reset? Anyway, same screen, then tap the three lines at the top left of screen

Pyro1415

I was poking around in my nav and came across this screen.

Is that possible? Does the factory rev it that high for testing? Did the previous owner actually max out the speedometer?!

If others could check theirs that'd be great too.

I've got the 3.8 and it could hold 85 to 95(before 37s) on the autobahn... so yeah the 3.6 would easily do 100...

Hammmerhead

Can anyone tell me where to find this top speed? I checked that thread, but still didn't see where to find it. Do you have to set a destination first or something?

Tree Frog

I am not trying to piss anybody off here but....

I watched my dealer take it off the truck when it arrived. Had very few miles on it when I got in. (I want to say 16 but?)

I know I have had it to 85 but no freaking way have I gone 104.

So what I think is a lot like Nevada Z said where you turn on or off and possibly as you jump from Sat to Sat.

My handheld shows I went 123MPH on a trail near us because it could not maintain a link to a Sat the whole time. :idontknow:

Copy of 20160419_195806.jpg

Tree Frog

Hey Jeep Jeep there was a thread a while back but let me try to help you.
If you go into you settings someplace there is a switch for something (Jeez I am getting tired) Something to do with show more data or some shit. Click that.
It will make it where your Nav screen will display Elev. and MPH.

Then once you get that just touch the MPH display box and it will jum to the screen as in the screen shots.

JeepJeep75

Hey Jeep Jeep there was a thread a while back but let me try to help you.
If you go into you settings someplace there is a switch for something (Jeez I am getting tired) Something to do with show more data or some shit. Click that.
It will make it where your Nav screen will display Elev. and MPH.

Then once you get that just touch the MPH display box and it will jum to the screen as in the screen shots.

I'll give that a shot in the morning. Thanks Tree Frog!

Top Bottom