Sometimes you have to man up and be passive

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Wow what a great discussion. There are several very good points being made here. To answer the original question from Oreo, an armed society is a polite one because every altercation can lead to great bodily harm or even death, especially if you assume the other person is armed. This “mutually assured destruction” causes you to pause before you escalate because you it could lead to this. Whether you realize it or not, your advanced training in martial arts means your “armed” everyday. It’s one of the reasons why I believe as a citizen “armed” with the knowledge and skill to kill someone with a single kick you have the confidence as someone mentioned to stay calm and be polite.

That why a person well trained in self defense whether it be guns or other weapons is typically (not always) also skilled on de-escalating a situation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
In my end of the world, if we’re caught on private property, we’re usually forced to sit through a serving of tea and cookies before we’re politely told to leave..... with an invitation to come back

That would have been my first approach. If it were my property, if someone responded to me the way I did to the guy I probably would have talked his ear off about his rig, exchanged numbers, and invited them back to go wheeling.

FallonJeeper

Absolutely agree. I carry for self defense. Verbal attacks do not warrant use of a firearm. It's not a matter of if you'll run into this situation, but rather, when. Some guy who, because they believe they are right, and in this case he was, wants to provide a "coachable moment". Generally those trained in self defense are also trained in self control because they know all too well what the outcome could be.

Well done!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Absolutely agree. I carry for self defense. Verbal attacks do not warrant use of a firearm. It's not a matter of if you'll run into this situation, but rather, when. Some guy who, because they believe they are right, and in this case he was, wants to provide a "coachable moment". Generally those trained in self defense are also trained in self control because they know all too well what the outcome could be.

Well done!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. He had every right to be upset.

Geronimo

Wherever these fellas got lost sounds like the beginnings of a movie like deliverance or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If it were a lone jeeper one can only wonder if he wouldnt have ended up in the barn hanging by his ankles. The Hills have Eyes...:eek:

Wherever these fellas got lost sounds like the beginnings of a movie like deliverance or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If it were a lone jeeper one can only wonder if he wouldnt have ended up in the barn hanging by his ankles. The Hills have Eyes...:eek:
Ok that's kinda creepy....

Geronimo

Ok that's kinda creepy....

I have re-read the OPs post and That is what is creepy. I'm the first to defend property rights and they would be well in their rights to post signs and even stretch a fence or drop a tree across the offending trail/path/road whatever. But to trap folks like a psycho does not sound mentally stable to me.
I spend allot of time on back country ranches in Central and West Texas. You frequently find fences with gates and cattle crossings that are clearly market "No Trespassing". They don't wait for you to stumble into a human "fly trap". This situation sounds like some form of weird entertainment for a well inbred cult, OR someone who is into some illegal activity (growing weed, cooking meth,) and need an escape route when the state police arrive at the front gate.

Oreo_penguin536

Wow what a great discussion. There are several very good points being made here. To answer the original question from Oreo, an armed society is a polite one because every altercation can lead to great bodily harm or even death, especially if you assume the other person is armed. This “mutually assured destruction” causes you to pause before you escalate because you it could lead to this. Whether you realize it or not, your advanced training in martial arts means your “armed” everyday. It’s one of the reasons why I believe as a citizen “armed” with the knowledge and skill to kill someone with a single kick you have the confidence as someone mentioned to stay calm and be polite.

That why a person well trained in self defense whether it be guns or other weapons is typically (not always) also skilled on de-escalating a situation.

Makes sense 🤙🏾 very well put

Oreo_penguin536

I’m sorry what the hell man....Now I’m gonna be thinking about that every time I wheel[emoji23] weird inbred hill hippies eating people

Oreo_penguin536

I have re-read the OPs post and That is what is creepy. I'm the first to defend property rights and they would be well in their rights to post signs and even stretch a fence or drop a tree across the offending trail/path/road whatever. But to trap folks like a psycho does not sound mentally stable to me.
I spend allot of time on back country ranches in Central and West Texas. You frequently find fences with gates and cattle crossings that are clearly market "No Trespassing". They don't wait for you to stumble into a human "fly trap". This situation sounds like some form of weird entertainment for a well inbred cult, OR someone who is into some illegal activity (growing weed, cooking meth,) and need an escape route when the state police arrive at the front gate.

So glad I don’t live in the backside of Lemmon valley[emoji23]

Top Bottom