South African Jeepers Rigs

Hell_Fire

Nice.... What you getting done??
I haven't seen my Jeep in 4 weeks... I don't even know how the control arms and sector brace look yet....

It's getting fixed, it broke, we actually moved it to Grand Central Yesterday, the diff twisted up about 45deg snapping the rear drive shaft, waiting for Jeep to assess why it would have done that, seems it was never welded. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397655254.921033.jpg

Robin.CT

It's getting fixed, it broke, we actually moved it to Grand Central Yesterday, the diff twisted up about 45deg snapping the rear drive shaft, waiting for Jeep to assess why it would have done that, seems it was never welded.

Oh my frikken word... What did you do?. Did you have to put stock wheels etc back on??

Hell_Fire

Oh my frikken word... What did you do?. Did you have to put stock wheels etc back on??

Was busy going up survivor, for the second time when things went horribly wrong, almost rolled but pushed it back into the left embankment to stop the slide, no I didn't, the guys know my JK, won't claim under warranty any way this was an axel failure, factory fault, Jeep SA needs to prove that the housing was in fact tacked to the shafts, as we can't see any trace of it being welded.

Robin.CT

Was busy going up survivor, for the second time when things went horribly wrong, almost rolled but pushed it back into the left embankment to stop the slide, no I didn't, the guys know my JK, won't claim under warranty any way this was an axel failure, factory fault, Jeep SA needs to prove that the housing was in fact tacked to the shafts, as we can't see any trace of it being welded.

Dam bud.. Well I hope you can get it sorted out..
Survivor is not a play play obstacle hey... It's my favorite obstacle in and around Gauteng but I pinch a few loaves every time I go up it... Here's a pic of it when the Road Cone was still a baby...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397719802.604850.jpg

Hell_Fire

Dam bud.. Well I hope you can get it sorted out..
Survivor is not a play play obstacle hey... It's my favorite obstacle in and around Gauteng but I pinch a few loaves every time I go up it... Here's a pic of it when the Road Cone was still a baby...
View attachment 79144

Yup, first run up was easy, but second one not cool, yeah should be back on the trails in a week or so

Robin.CT

Yup, first run up was easy, but second one not cool, yeah should be back on the trails in a week or so

Do you have a Rubi or Sahara?
Amazed at such a rear tear.. But ya, must be factory fault, even a Sahara with D30's shouldn't suffer anything like that up survivor..
What's the latest, have you got it back yet?

Are you joining us on the 24th May at Hobby Park for our Round Table 4x4 FunD Day fund raiser??

Hell_Fire

Do you have a Rubi or Sahara?
Amazed at such a rear tear.. But ya, must be factory fault, even a Sahara with D30's shouldn't suffer anything like that up survivor..
What's the latest, have you got it back yet?

Are you joining us on the 24th May at Hobby Park for our Round Table 4x4 FunD Day fund raiser??

Rubi, yeah just gonna claim insurance and get it fixed. Will probably only start fixing it next week.

Yeah I would like to join, think it will be a fun day out.

Robin.CT

Rubi, yeah just gonna claim insurance and get it fixed. Will probably only start fixing it next week.

Yeah I would like to join, think it will be a fun day out.

Sheesh bud... That's insane the rear drive shaft tore like that... Is it a Crawlz replacement shaft or the stock one?
Ya the 24th is going to be awesome, but try register before hand cause we only have space for 80 vehicles on the day...
We have a couple of other awesome trips in the pipeline....

Robin.CT

Help.... Argh... Advice please.. I. A aged to break my jeep yesterday only a day after picking it up from its control arm transplant... Got stuck in mud, gearbox sensor clearly not happy so all I now have is second gear.. No engine error code, engine light comes one after about 30 minutes of driving at under 60kmh.. Any ideas????

Hell_Fire

Help.... Argh... Advice please.. I. A aged to break my jeep yesterday only a day after picking it up from its control arm transplant... Got stuck in mud, gearbox sensor clearly not happy so all I now have is second gear.. No engine error code, engine light comes one after about 30 minutes of driving at under 60kmh.. Any ideas????

Ag no man Robin!!!! Stay out of the mud I learnt my lesson the hard way aswell, you sure it's not just stuck in limpmoad?

Robin.CT

Ag no man Robin!!!! Stay out of the mud I learnt my lesson the hard way aswell, you sure it's not just stuck in limpmoad?

That's what's confusing us a lot.. Used my procal to reset codes, engine light comes on but no error codes get reported... Worried... The 24th is coming soon to our big fund raiser and I might not have the Road Cone there...

Robin.CT

Ok so an update... Car is at Jeep, they say something about a pressure body something something in the gearbox.. Wasn't a technical person speaking to me so not sure exactly what is damaged.. Either way, warranty claim is in with Chrysler SA so let's see what excuse they come up with now..

Hell_Fire

Ok so an update... Car is at Jeep, they say something about a pressure body something something in the gearbox.. Wasn't a technical person speaking to me so not sure exactly what is damaged.. Either way, warranty claim is in with Chrysler SA so let's see what excuse they come up with now..

Hey Robin, heard your baby is back on the road Jeep solved your problem, glad to hear. Won't be 4x4ing at the event this coming weekend :-( mine is still out of action, insurance is paying atleast. Will be there spectating tho.

Robin.CT

Great pictures! I bet you have some remote area you can explore in Africa!

Also, that last picture! You have some cojones... I wouldn't dare try that with my Jeep! :eek:

Haa haa thanks bud.. Yeah it's not an easy one, specially when my jeep was still small like in this pic...
Yeah we have some great places to visit and see here, but with our fuel prices, and how thirsty the jeeps are, we don't often get to see most of it.
Also, driving a jeep through africa would be certain madness lol... Not the most reliable vehicle, and if anything went wrong, you would be thousands of Km's from any kind of parts dealer etc.....
None the less, we do have stunning trails and places to see. Go check out the pics on www.facebook.com/4x4fans where we have frequented and adventured...

Top Bottom