South Lake Tahoe .... Help!!!

resqman911

Alright guys need some help. Planned a trip to do the Rubicon with some friends July 28-31 rented a house in South Lake for my fiancé and her friend so they could hang out in Tahoe while we were on the trail and just found out the trail is closed for an event that whole weekend. I'm on the hook for the house we rented so I'm stuck going that weekend.

Are there any other good trails in the South Lake Tahoe area???

Napalm

I believe Fordyce(spelling?) is in that area but I might be mistaken.

Eddie(Wayoflife) did a video on it and it looked pretty gnarly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alright guys need some help. Planned a trip to do the Rubicon with some friends July 28-31 rented a house in South Lake for my fiancé and her friend so they could hang out in Tahoe while we were on the trail and just found out the trail is closed for an event that whole weekend. I'm on the hook for the house we rented so I'm stuck going that weekend.

Are there any other good trails in the South Lake Tahoe area???

Sorry to say but the last week of July is the Jeepers Jamboree and the first week of August is the Jeep Jamboree. Anytime during that time is pretty much a no go on the Rubicon.

Fordyce is a great trail but the water levels will be exceptionally high this year - maybe impassible until late August.

I might recommend you run Barrett Lake and Slickrock. Deer Valley should be open soon but last I checked, it's still closed.

swampdog

Having a house in for a weekend in Tahoe is not the worst problem to have! [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]. Good luck finding trails to run, I hope it works out for you.

resqman911

Eddie can you point me in the right direction to find more info about those two trails... where they are located exactly that kind of thing, maybe a trail map.

Rockbottom

Yeah we're going the week before the Jamboree the 13th to the 19th but I agree with desert crawler you should sign up for the jamboree

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Personally I would never go during or immediately after either jamboree. WAY too many people and they tear up the trail.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
"There's a stick in there...."

"How do you know you grabbed the correct end?"

No kidding. Perhaps the "Friends of the Rubicon" could pick up and distribute a few of these tampers for pushing down the peaks into plateaus:

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 12.02.03 PM.png

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
The trail to Buck Lake (west shore) may be an option if your looking for a half day-ish trip. If you want to kill a couple hours in south lake then Twin Peaks is a good option.

Rockbottom

I'm going to the Rubicon for five days I was just wondering is there a way to get off the trail in the middle or close to the end ?

Top Bottom