Southeast Fall Bash at Windrock ORV October 4-6 2019

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Definitely excited. Probably be my last real trip for the year before re-build starts. Hotel booked and ready to roll.

Ddays

Hooked
I considered this trip but I'm on my last spare rear axle shaft! Not in a hurry to spend another $500 knowing I'm probably gonna bend ANOTHER one there.
Hmmmm, maybe I can start a Go Fund Me page? :hmm:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I considered this trip but I'm on my last spare rear axle shaft! Not in a hurry to spend another $500 knowing I'm probably gonna bend ANOTHER one there.
I'm bringing spares! Stock with a bent flange but hey, it'll get ya home haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Weebz

Caught the Bug

What's the difference. You are switching out anyway! I fully anticipate coercing you into trying more stupid shit. Won't be the same otherwise.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bill what GMRS are you using?

Midland 40 watt GMRS. It’s great, but it’s a bit overkill. The 15 watt would work great too, but it’s not repeater capable. Either one is so much better than a CB if we can get everyone on GMRS.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Midland 40 watt GMRS. It’s great, but it’s a bit overkill. The 15 watt would work great too, but it’s not repeater capable. Either one is so much better than a CB if we can get everyone on GMRS.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Awesome. Thanks. I will take a look. I fixed my CB as a side note. Took all of 5 minutes.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
What was it?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I had it installed in the wrong mounting hole so the post was in contact in with the bracket instead of being isolated. I had ripped the whole damn thing off once because the firestick got stock on and I had to get in a parking garage. Well I must not have paid attention when I re-installed the damn thing and used the wrong mounting hole. Never thought about it until I started having issues. These work OK? Don't really see a 40w.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QIFCL...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

wjtstudios

Hooked
I had it installed in the wrong mounting hole so the post was in contact in with the bracket instead of being isolated. I had ripped the whole damn thing off once because the firestick got stock on and I had to get in a parking garage. Well I must not have paid attention when I re-installed the damn thing and used the wrong mounting hole. Never thought about it until I started having issues. These work OK? Don't really see a 40w.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QIFCL...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Yeah, they worked great for everyone. Only issue was battery life. I only had a couple car chargers for them, but as long as they were plugged it, they’re great.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I was running the Baofeng 8watt that I got off of amazon and just programmed all the gmrs frequencies into. One charge lasted the whole time we were up there, I even left the thin on overnight one night. It’s pretty reasonably priced and fairly easy to program. I just used Channels 1-22 to correspond with the gmrs channel numbers.

I was able to lock the keypad and strap it to the rollbar and used a gear keeper for the mic.
This is the 8 watt
BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAULSOK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o3ZuDb8A16EWZ

Here’s a 5 watt that would probably work just as well

BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_t6ZuDbCADEAD9

This is the mic that I used.

BTECH QHM22 Platinum Series IP54 Rainproof Shoulder Speaker Mic for BaoFeng, BTECH, Kenwood Radios https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z4X3MM6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_99ZuDbR9EXP7E

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was running the Baofeng 8watt that I got off of amazon and just programmed all the gmrs frequencies into. One charge lasted the whole time we were up there, I even left the thin on overnight one night. It’s pretty reasonably priced and fairly easy to program. I just used Channels 1-22 to correspond with the gmrs channel numbers.

I was able to lock the keypad and strap it to the rollbar and used a gear keeper for the mic.
This is the 8 watt
BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAULSOK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o3ZuDb8A16EWZ

Here’s a 5 watt that would probably work just as well

BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_t6ZuDbCADEAD9

This is the mic that I used.

BTECH QHM22 Platinum Series IP54 Rainproof Shoulder Speaker Mic for BaoFeng, BTECH, Kenwood Radios https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z4X3MM6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_99ZuDbR9EXP7E

You need to help Rst8rox program his

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I'm bringing spares! Stock with a bent flange but hey, it'll get ya home haha.

I already have two bent spares :crazyeyes:. Plus I'm running the semi-worthless Semi-float PR60

What's the difference. You are switching out anyway! I fully anticipate coercing you into trying more stupid shit. Won't be the same otherwise.

LOL, I'm thinkin on it. NO MORE GODDAM MUD PUDDLES .Not all of us from Pittsburgh love that shit. :icon_crazy:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I already have two bent spares :crazyeyes:. Plus I'm running the semi-worthless Semi-float PR60

LOL, I'm thinkin on it. NO MORE GODDAM MUD PUDDLES .Not all of us from Pittsburgh love that shit. :icon_crazy:

You know, you could just go a bit easier on it. Nice trail ride in the mountains. Just say’n.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Uh-huh, yeah. Hello pot. ;)

Edit. Who bent BOTH rear shafts? :hmm:

They were bent before I got up there.... Only one build at a time and the Scrambler can’t get done fast enough now. I am really torn. Yukon is warranting them and with the spare set, just rotating thru them as I bend them, it’s not costing me any except shipping. But, then there’s the annoying squeak and the hassle of it all. Not to mention, brick needs a new set of axles for his two door. Decisions Decisions.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
They were bent before I got up there.... Only one build at a time and the Scrambler can’t get done fast enough now. I am really torn. Yukon is warranting them and with the spare set, just rotating thru them as I bend them, it’s not costing me any except shipping. But, then there’s the annoying squeak and the hassle of it all. Not to mention, brick needs a new set of axles for his two door. Decisions Decisions.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Uh-huh, but they were still bent somehow!

I hear ya. I'm glad we have time for next year. No way in hell I'm going to Colorado and Moab with this rear axle. Changing shafts in parking lots blows. I'm looking at many options. This is the last time I'm doing this shit and I want it to be right. As it sits now I've got no confidence to explore ;)

Weebz

Caught the Bug

I do not and will not encourage puddles or mud. Climbs we have no business doing.....well I can’t promise you that. Blame your door on me. Not your axle shafts.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I do not and will not encourage puddles or mud. Climbs we have no business doing.....well I can’t promise you that. Blame your door on me. Not your axle shafts.

But it looked fun! Wish I would’ve stayed for that!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom