Spiders [emoji887]

Jsouder53

Hooked
So, I will share a funny story with you all. So, I was at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan in early 2003 for the second time. I went to the shower tent to take a shower and my buddy John was in there, about two shower stalls down. All of a sudden I heard John yelling and screaming, I thought someone was killing him. I jump out of my shower stall and grabbed my M4, I had soap running down my face from the shampoo in my hair. There is John in the buff breathing heavy and I said WTF is going on. John stated he was getting out of the shower and grabbed his towel to dry his face, as he grabbed the towel and was about to dry his face he opened his eyes and there was a huge camel spider on his towel. He said the scene from aliens, where the alien attached to the dudes face Flashed before his eyes and as he finished we looked down and literally his towel started to move across the floor and we both started stomping on it.

That’s creepy man! So were these alien spiders just about everywhere?

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
That’s creepy man! So were these alien spiders just about everywhere?

Yes, they were everywhere. We would get them in our tents, I accidentally mailed one home to my wife. I had a box full of stuff and left it open and ran to the bathroom tent. When I got back I closed the lid taped it up and mailed it home, not realizing one had crawling into the box. She was pissed.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yes, they were everywhere. We would get them in our tents, I accidentally mailed one home to my wife. I had a box full of stuff and left it open and ran to the bathroom tent. When I got back I closed the lid taped it up and mailed it home, not realizing one had crawling into the box. She was pissed.

No way! Lol I couldn’t imagine opening up a box and having that in there [emoji23]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So you got me interested in those camel spiders. They look pretty cool. But, it turns out they aren’t actually spiders. Here is a cool pic I lifted of the interwebs.

IMG_0086.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
so, the ones in California are actually from Iraq and Afghanistan. They were introduced into the United States from US Military returning home. They would get into our equipment and luggage and transported back to the US.

Brute

Hooked
Holy crap...those things are huge.

You may not like this thread, but at least it wasn't hacked by the Russians selling health additives like a bunch of other threads that now have disappeared...or is it just me?...perhaps I've been bitten by a camel spider and now I'm hallucinating...

Jsouder53

Hooked
Holy crap...those things are huge.

You may not like this thread, but at least it wasn't hacked by the Russians selling health additives like a bunch of other threads that now have disappeared...or is it just me?...perhaps I've been bitten by a camel spider and now I'm hallucinating...

You’re not hallucinating, that was real life lol

WJCO

Meme King
You may not like this thread, but at least it wasn't hacked by the Russians selling health additives like a bunch of other threads

No shit. Lol. The Russian Spammers have been coming in like a Stormy Daniels movie.

Top Bottom