Spline count on a 2013 Rubicon 10th anniversary?

Fishtale

Sooooooo, how did you get burned??? :rolleyes2:

I sheered a u joint on a steep cliff that made me remove the axle on that side and had to get out with 4x3 drive. There is an argument that if I had RCV's my gears or locker could have gone which may have been worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sheered a u joint on a steep cliff that made me remove the outer shaft and had to get out with 4x3 drive.

To be clear, was this with or without full circle clips?? Got pics?

There is an argument that if I had RCV's my gears or locker could have gone which may have been worse.

Yes, there is that argument.

Fishtale

To be clear, was this with or without full circle clips?? Got pics?.

I don't think they were full circle clips. It was the early production that were produced with smaller shafts. I had to change the inner seals to TJ seals. I know since then they have corrected that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKbrick

In spite of what the fanboys will tell you, chromoly shafts WITH full circle clips will work every bit as well as RCV's and WILL NOT break the way factory shafts will. To be clear, you NEED FULL CIRCLE CLIPS and NOT just standard c-clips. If anything RCV's have joints that are TOO strong and you'll just transfer a break deep down on the shaft or worse, on your ring and pinion. I have seen it happen.

Eddie are full circle clips included in certain brands or do you special order them or how do you know you are getting them?

Top Bottom