Sport 2016 Gear and Locker upgrades

Maybe I should just go with 4.88. I doubt I'll go to 37's. not gonna fit with parking structures here.

Both front and rear?

so ARB Air Lockers is the way to go? Front and Rear?

Whatever you gear one axle to, you must do the other. And if you can pony up the budget all at once, get ARB front and rear both. You'll be glad you have them at some point down the road. Of course, you can always start with one of the two.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Maybe I should just go with 4.88. I doubt I'll go to 37's. not gonna fit with parking structures here.

Both front and rear?

so ARB Air Lockers is the way to go? Front and Rear?

Just put a locker in the rear & run the front Dana 30 unlocked. That's what I'll do, and what Cozdude & OverlanderJk did serious wheeling with. If you ever put a Dana 44 up front, lock it then.

lesterjanpearson

Just put a locker in the rear & run the front Dana 30 unlocked. That's what I'll do, and what Cozdude & OverlanderJk did serious wheeling with. If you ever put a Dana 44 up front, lock it then.

Should I upgrade the gears first to 4.88, or I can do lockers first, then next few months the gears?

Thank you guys for your inputs, its hard for me cause we don't have a dealer where I am, I had to ship it out to me on a boat. the dealer is like a 2 hrs plane ride. so I am very thankful I found this forum or else I am the person

who got his dream car but dont know jack. LOL

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Should I upgrade the gears first to 4.88, or I can do lockers first, then next few months the gears?

Thank you guys for your inputs, its hard for me cause we don't have a dealer where I am, I had to ship it out to me on a boat. the dealer is like a 2 hrs plane ride. so I am very thankful I found this forum or else I am the person

who got his dream car but dont know jack. LOL

I only read the first paragraph but all I can say is save your money and install it all at the same time. Otherwise your spending time and money to do it twice

lesterjanpearson

I only read the first paragraph but all I can say is save your money and install it all at the same time. Otherwise your spending time and money to do it twice

Got it thanks.

What are your suggestions for sway bar disconnects? the sport doesnt come with the switches I assumed I didnt have it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
A 4.1:1 transfer case & a Dana 44 axle up front. You'll need something like an AEV procal to program your computer for new gears, tire size change, transfer case swap, etc.

Rottenbelly

I agree, 5.13 in a D30 is fine and dont lock it. Does anyone here remember when they sold 5.38's for the D30? That was a bad idea, 5.13 is the practical limit for the D30.

I ran the Richmond 5.38s in my Dana 30 for almost 2 years while I saved up for a PR 44.
Ran them with 37 mud grapplers on quite a few trips.
Was waiting for them to blow up on every trail but they never did.

mo0s3

I have 4:88 locked in the rear and a d30, I dunno about going lower gears in the Dana up front man . And if you plan to run 37's like I do eventually 4:88 will be good. But I plan on getting a new front end and will stay with 4:88 .
But that's me and I'm sure there are better reasons to go lower. But it scared me to have anything above 4:88

lesterjanpearson

I have 4:88 locked in the rear and a d30, I dunno about going lower gears in the Dana up front man . And if you plan to run 37's like I do eventually 4:88 will be good. But I plan on getting a new front end and will stay with 4:88 .
But that's me and I'm sure there are better reasons to go lower. But it scared me to have anything above 4:88

I think I'll just do 488. I don't see me doing 37's anytime in a few years.

mo0s3

4:88 is night and day man. And if you ever decide to go 37's you'll get lower Rpm's .
Do you wheel alot or mostly street ? If your mostly on street and your gonna stay on 35's maybe look at 4:56 gears .
But as many of us I'm sure know, you always want to upgrade lol .
I'm pretty happy with my set up tho

Top Bottom