Sprintex supercharger

Exodus 4x4

Like WJCO said, fuck that warranty. At this point you’ve got to get your engine correctly and the best way to do that is to have someone tune it locally on their dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
really? i hear people say that. But, on the JK, it always seems to come out to way more money than that.

IF you get a SCREAMING deal on a GOOD LS & Trans for $5k... you still need another $5600 in parts, add in the GM PCM & ECM tuning, plus the labor to install the LS drivetrain... then all the little bits and pieces necessary to actually get it running... $5k MIGHT put a decent LS drive train on a pallet with your name on it... but that is about it...

OP, Sounds like dyno time. :yup: Should be around $500 for a tune.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
really? i hear people say that. But, on the JK, it always seems to come out to way more money than that.

IF you get a SCREAMING deal on a GOOD LS & Trans for $5k... you still need another $5600 in parts, add in the GM PCM & ECM tuning, plus the labor to install the LS drivetrain... then all the little bits and pieces necessary to actually get it running... $5k MIGHT put a decent LS engine on a crate with your name on it... but that is about it...

Yeah. My point was, that you’d be well on your way, but no, $5000 isn’t, “mostly there,” from what I can tell.

If I already had a supercharger, I’d be looking to get the Jeep running right, regardless of warranty.

TheGrendel

IF you get a SCREAMING deal on a GOOD LS & Trans for $5k... you still need another $5600 in parts, add in the GM PCM & ECM tuning, plus the labor to install the LS drivetrain... then all the little bits and pieces necessary to actually get it running... $5k MIGHT put a decent LS drive train on a pallet with your name on it... but that is about it...

$5k won’t get you far into a LS swap no matter which engine you go with.

that's exactly what i thought.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, we bought our L94 with 6L80 for only $5000. It came off of a wrecked 2011 Denali with only 11,000 miles on it. At the time, Moby was already running PR60's front and rear and so the only real cost above and beyond that was the Motech kit and labor. Depending on where you're at with your Jeep now and how much you can do yourself, getting into an LS isn't as unreachable as many seem to think.

But, let's just say for argument sake it'd take $25k to get you into an LS, $5k is 1/5th of the way there! And, from the dyno results I've seen from superchargers on JK's over the years, most only get about 25HP at the tires and off road, all at the wrong times. Again, that's why I chose to be patient, save up a bit longer and get something that would deliver REAL performance. But, that's just me.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I don't know, we bought our L94 with 6L80 for only $5000. It came off of a wrecked 2011 Denali with only 11,000 miles on it. At the time, Moby was already running PR60's front and rear and so the only real cost above and beyond that was the Motech kit and labor. Depending on where you're at with your Jeep now and how much you can do yourself, getting into an LS isn't as unreachable as many seem to think.

But, let's just say for argument sake it'd take $25k to get you into an LS, $5k is 1/5th of the way there! And, from the dyno results I've seen from superchargers on JK's over the years, most only get about 25HP at the tires and off road, all at the wrong times. Again, that's why I chose to be patient, save up a bit longer and get something that would deliver REAL performance. But, that's just me.

That’s the point I was trying to make. [emoji1303]

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Ah shit I was forgetting that not everyone here owns a TJ. With 5000 I'll be damn near done since I'm at around 3 and all I have left is driveshafts, clutch kits, and exhaust

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cidgreen

I hope you got rid of the displacement on demand/ four cylinder mode when you swapped it. That's a major weak point in the LS. Something to consider if you didn't.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I hope you got rid of the displacement on demand/ four cylinder mode when you swapped it. That's a major weak point in the LS. Something to consider if you didn't.

IDK, the new air/fuel management system in the GenV sounds pretty legit

But I was averaging 22-24 mpg on the highway at 80mph from Texas to Reno in the new Tahoe I was delivering...:crazyeyes:

Exhibit A :thumb:

Realistically, if I could get 17-18mpg in a built up JK on the highway... and still have upwards of 430hp to play with... that sounds like a pretty good deal in my book...

Last edited:

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
IDK, the new air/fuel management system in the GenV sounds pretty legit

Exhibit A :thumb:

Realistically, if I could get 17-18mpg in a built up JK on the highway... and still have upwards of 430hp to play with... that sounds like a pretty good deal in my book...
It's pretty great but sometimes with improper tuning in active fuel management it can occur during low rpm off road and kill your torque. Plus it's a pain in the ass to swap anyways.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom