Starting a new job.

Dale72

Hooked
Yeah I started a new job two months ago and starting to have a little extra money and looks like I will be able to keep my Jeep so that is a plus. Good luck with your new job

Sent from my 9024W using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Best of luck. I'm completely opposite though, I'm trying to break free from the golden handcuffs... I'm tired of making someone else millions in exchange for pennys (at best) per dollar... we'll see what happens though, I'm sure at the end of the day, it will all still be work and hustle. There just has to be a better way, and much more to life than waiting for the next paycheck... I just gotta get out there and find it myself.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Best of luck. I'm completely opposite though, I'm trying to break free from the golden handcuffs... I'm tired of making someone else millions in exchange for pennys (at best) per dollar... we'll see what happens though, I'm sure at the end of the day, it will all still be work and hustle. There just has to be a better way, and much more to life than waiting for the next paycheck... I just gotta get out there and find it myself.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Thank you!
I totally get what your saying there! I just got burnt out on juggling everything scheduling, billing, finances and all the other little things involved. There is a lot of hustle being self employed. Bouncing all over the place I averaged six locations a day. Don't get me wrong I loved it and made great money, but I'm looking forward to not having that stress anymore. Besides I really want the retirement this company has. It's a small family business that actually respects and honors its employees, that pays pretty well. One of the main reasons I accepted the offer when I was approached with it.
What field are you going into for business?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moose92YJ

Good luck man! I completely understand going to something more consistent. I made the switch myself to something consistent with great 401K retirement, benefits, etc. about 4 years ago when my wife got pregnant with our son. There's just something about knowing that I can take care of us in the long run with a lot less stress.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Congrats to you! Wherever life takes you just try to find enjoyment in as much as you can. It’s to dang short toner caught up in what you can’t control!

black pearl

Hooked
Good luck man! I completely understand going to something more consistent. I made the switch myself to something consistent with great 401K retirement, benefits, etc. about 4 years ago when my wife got pregnant with our son. There's just something about knowing that I can take care of us in the long run with a lot less stress.
Thank you! The retirement and medical really was the deciding factor. The steady income will be nice also. I was always slow from December to April, so making it through winter will be nice also.

Congrats and Godspeed!

Thank you!
Congrats to you! Wherever life takes you just try to find enjoyment in as much as you can. It’s to dang short toner caught up in what you can’t control!

Thank you!
I try to live like this. Life is too short to be miserable! But life is also what you make of it.

RocknJK

I’ve been self employed 14 years. It hasn’t been easy lots of ups and downs. I love the flexibility but its a double edged sword. When things go wrong or employees don’t show it falls on you. I also spent all of 2017 and some of 2018 helping care for my father-n-law who had brain cancer. Going through that and his passing away. It makes you think more about planning ahead for your own family. I’ve thought about doing the same thing as you it’s a tough decision. Congratulations on the new job and hope everything goes great for you.

black pearl

Hooked
I’ve been self employed 14 years. It hasn’t been easy lots of ups and downs. I love the flexibility but its a double edged sword. When things go wrong or employees don’t show it falls on you. I also spent all of 2017 and some of 2018 helping care for my father-n-law who had brain cancer. Going through that and his passing away. It makes you think more about planning ahead for your own family. I’ve thought about doing the same thing as you it’s a tough decision. Congratulations on the new job and hope everything goes great for you.

Thank you!
That's very true with ups and downs. Also at times not feeling like every getting days off, because of thinking of up coming jobs. I will definitely miss the flexibility of it. But It was a great ten year run being self employed and to years of caring for my father. When we had our daughter is really when I started thinking of the future. Something I hadn't ever thought about before. It's strange how things change.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thank you!
I totally get what your saying there! I just got burnt out on juggling everything scheduling, billing, finances and all the other little things involved. There is a lot of hustle being self employed. Bouncing all over the place I averaged six locations a day. Don't get me wrong I loved it and made great money, but I'm looking forward to not having that stress anymore. Besides I really want the retirement this company has. It's a small family business that actually respects and honors its employees, that pays pretty well. One of the main reasons I accepted the offer when I was approached with it.
What field are you going into for business?

Industrial Product development. :yup:

Its where all my nights are spent currently until things start to get off the ground. nothing like after 8+ hrs in the office, just to go home and START work. ha :crazyeyes:

black pearl

Hooked
Industrial Product development. :yup:

Its where all my nights are spent currently until things start to get off the ground. nothing like after 8+ hrs in the office, just to go home and START work. ha :crazyeyes:

That sounds like a interesting job! I'm sure all the long nights will pay off. Good luck on your endeavors with it [emoji106]

cml612571

I have been there, and my best advice here is to always plan ahead, set your sites on where you want to be in 2 years, 4 years...
I always tell those that I mentor in my company to never settle, don't stay stagnant.
Example; This year I reached #1 in a company of over 10k for our after hours advanced education programs, certifications programs. I racked in more points in 2 months that what it takes others to do in a year. My goal is to always increase my value, and now I have 9.5 months to sit back and plan out my next goals.
If you pay your dues in your new career, and put aside some time to reach your goals you will never second guess the move, you will be too busy looking forward that you won't have the time to look back.
Good luck, if you ever want to hit me up, or if anyone else on this venue has any questions hit me up with a reply and we can keep in touch.
Now on the subject of Jeepin, I put aside a few hours on Sat to have some fun. Good luck and GB

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

trntk

Just really enjoyed browsing the thread and knowing there is more than just a few of us going through these kinds of changes/decisions. GL with the new adventure for sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
I have been there, and my best advice here is to always plan ahead, set your sites on where you want to be in 2 years, 4 years...
I always tell those that I mentor in my company to never settle, don't stay stagnant.
Example; This year I reached #1 in a company of over 10k for our after hours advanced education programs, certifications programs. I racked in more points in 2 months that what it takes others to do in a year. My goal is to always increase my value, and now I have 9.5 months to sit back and plan out my next goals.
If you pay your dues in your new career, and put aside some time to reach your goals you will never second guess the move, you will be too busy looking forward that you won't have the time to look back.
Good luck, if you ever want to hit me up, or if anyone else on this venue has any questions hit me up with a reply and we can keep in touch.
Now on the subject of Jeepin, I put aside a few hours on Sat to have some fun. Good luck and GB

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

I partially agree with this. I use to do things like this for work. Working six days a week 60 hours. I had my personal value based on my job income and position. I also didn't care if I was ever home at the time. Now that I have a wife and a daughter my views on all that have changed. I'm not into after hours work related things anymore, I have a family to be with now. And that has more importance to me then a job title or amount of income. This doesn't mean I won't move up in the company I'm going to work for, because I know I will. As long as I can provide for my family and we cal live comfortably we'll be happy. But having my family by my side is what shows my true value, not what I do to pay bills.

Top Bottom