Starting a new job.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I partially agree with this. I use to do things like this for work. Working six days a week 60 hours. I had my personal value based on my job income and position. I also didn't care if I was ever home at the time. Now that I have a wife and a daughter my views on all that have changed. I'm not into after hours work related things anymore, I have a family to be with now. And that has more importance to me then a job title or amount of income. This doesn't mean I won't move up in the company I'm going to work for, because I know I will. As long as I can provide for my family and we cal live comfortably we'll be happy. But having my family by my side is what shows my true value, not what I do to pay bills.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well said! I went through the same shit... when my oldest was born I started taking side jobs drawing plans... 5 years later I had no life... my nights and weekends were F’d. It was hurting the wife, the kids and me... I finally quit and now focus only on building during the day and family & personal hobbies the rest of the time... Life is to short to work 24/7.... (if you can get by of course) Gotta stay balanced. [emoji1360]

black pearl

Hooked
Well said! I went through the same shit... when my oldest was born I started taking side jobs drawing plans... 5 years later I had no life... my nights and weekends were F’d. It was hurting the wife, the kids and me... I finally quit and now focus only on building during the day and family & personal hobbies the rest of the time... Life is to short to work 24/7.... (if you can get by of course) Gotta stay balanced. [emoji1360]

Oh I know that all to well! I started in construction at 14 and worked for contractors till 24. The old saying of side work... piece of cake, I'll knock that out in a weekend takes a toll on the personal life. Then my own home repair business from 24-34. Then spending the last two years with my dad and daughter, just changed my whole prospective. It's funny how a child can do that. I'm more concerned with building memories, then I am with shiny objects. And I want to give her a family life that I didn't have growing up.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Oh I know that all to well! I started in construction at 14 and worked for contractors till 24. The old saying of side work... piece of cake, I'll knock that out in a weekend takes a toll on the personal life. Then my own home repair business from 24-34. Then spending the last two years with my dad and daughter, just changed my whole prospective. It's funny how a child can do that. I'm more concerned with building memories, then I am with shiny objects. And I want to give her a family life that I didn't have growing up.

Amen to that... You seem like a Great Father :thumb:

Top Bottom