Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What skid, if any should I look into?

I didn't run any aftermarket skids on the 2door, due to it being a 6-speed. But I've been hearing that the Auto's need more protection.

Some will tell you everything but I have found my factory skids to hold up well for over 10 years now. If you add anything, just add what your Jeep didn't come with - oil pan and transmission skids. I personally like the EVO skids as they cover just what you need but the Rock Hard ones will get the job done well too.

Kyle7R

I don't know much about any other ones, however we really like the way the Rock Hard 4x4 one sets up. It covers both the oil pan and the Jenner pan. And there's a little trap door for draining the oil and it works well. It also allows you to re-use the stock TCASE skid. Installs quickly too. Our primary reason for going with this is we have no lift on the Jeep and are running 33s. We had already hit a couple times prior to doing this.

View attachment 263154

View attachment 263155
That's a pretty slick set up there, I dig it.
Some will tell you everything but I have found my factory skids to hold up well for over 10 years now. If you add anything, just add what your Jeep didn't come with - oil pan and transmission skids. I personally like the EVO skids as they cover just what you need but the Rock Hard ones will get the job done well too.
Thanks Eddie, that's sort of what I was thinking. I thought i remembered hearing that the auto transmission, especially on the newer JKs, was a potential target for hits.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
That's a pretty slick set up there, I dig it.

Thanks Eddie, that's sort of what I was thinking. I thought i remembered hearing that the auto transmission, especially on the newer JKs, was a potential target for hits.

Thats because the transmission lines (fluid) are run under the transmission, so the first thing you would hit would be the line... unless of course you have a skid in place... :yup:

Do the protek oil pan and transmission skids. I'm not entirely sure if you need the crossmemeber skid, because you will just have to remove it WHEN you install your long arm anyway ;)

Kyle7R

Thats because the transmission lines (fluid) are run under the transmission, so the first thing you would hit would be the line... unless of course you have a skid in place... :yup:

Do the protek oil pan and transmission skids. I'm not entirely sure if you need the crossmemeber skid, because you will just have to remove it WHEN you install your long arm anyway ;)

Lol!

I think this is the route I might go, and still have funds left over for some LOD sliders...maybe...;)

Kyle7R

439rfTMX5Bui6y_Jimd6J63J86hChX3zn9Lib3Ic4QH38MD3OxF2hLh_2arf5k9fnMA9lmBkhkaF-fchOAtweoYpgnBVsULJv6ivqOKZgydW6C1TC9vVIgWnLferdjuvUNXIF-ex0XrdgMSXO2lIrWyoEUxAHFUkUvxsyXwC_SsK_mOiAIlMnVHA-x26ibaTnTpDkL1nK91Dc8mVLP4Xjd7lqowqc3DkxqjWfGBtZyalojsFwLzc7z00SG1gj9oMyWIFY52mRNrOR8kpXQxkUszUfNmYiDkgV1cTKrqEnH4bY0op4_f7xHy5bCEP3IfJZkDQ4HI23doDu8et2aRX_UYC0i-IM3MkembaNluNr4TvcLTwYgnS5gDlxlk6qIF2U5FBZYuuLt8kLZZnxryKxo8ED70tDK4rLi-KT4exW-owHWms0WPuIfJ6u0Bjz5SreUf0X5V_jWvwJPs4lXSZ0Gs0DA2ju0ygLXgGIp-8NffoeOocxVfycMJDhbq4hpuy5qw8ocLi42-_25XsNoHXgsCzEjSx-0qxcqT-Y5qzw0IiaeLGbBvfvCpBwetzHT82xgoTboKrZvi6g8gMtKN7udjqgYtPkaxkgOOBqNqDvUD5YM0g0Kcp=w920-h518-no

qE_rQKSAY8MzzS-hbcHy9GpslG3ujh1374PR5b635JHbQ-e74epAWOmtu2xiAKM6H9nxcBUiuBJgHBAxlfRuscz6L5Ip95-VT8ujHx6sp3rXakxHCYqNOIBcLqXlym07QSjdqbEPhKzWosFV1ViNiyGNEgProi-Q7xGrGplNVbZ1av2Rexrie1HRmrc1PjAt33dPQ8heCDDc_zbFk2HDlx_H9PoTFOlA2itE1nqz4k9D9zXvrnYLFErKSu_1jJ0gV2MDT81KE50luZ2ZsSSRVIljReV8SP4Q2SIpw8F0CCSjn21ddec8wCl93ApDe9xPxGSNagOo0yI6DABfStEezIk663i1X-xSpkrFY4fjNlN_fbfyEBUv8pQfYKawzxkQtyNNhAFIz7eLPgxW3ULqisP7hy54_cEHpiIbP8eZjoGH2clFrJrYMNCitz3wFCXcY-kwEDMg4rdVwdCBuVIQ8y68XiTiv7w2Qzw1KbT0VOm_kHROOOj8DGZ1uDz25YfwZwggM2HRGFhwLx8qchvEBP_OMkY-fsPDfz1RdXnhIv_XExUg9WSpfVPtZ8faVoSdoqJmuJBrSn2ak8-TSEmK3ycXLxRdmJpMEbqMYs5L8JemplBLjKT4=w920-h612-no

google photos is being weird today, can ya'll see these?

Kyle7R

Yes (10 characters)

Okay good...here's some more pics from this weekend's adventures.

I'm already looking forward to the next outing...after I diagnose the new rattle I've got coming from underneath :naw:

tapatalk_1498956640528 (1).jpeg

DSC_0790.NEF.jpg

DSC_0791.NEF.jpg

tapatalk_1498956756513.jpeg

20170701_121454.jpg

IMG95201707019517570095800.jpg

Resized952017070195154357.jpg

We had an absolute blast, with a great group of folks and are still having to pinch ourselves after every outing because we still cannot believe that we live here :wings:

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Photos aren't showing up for me. I'm getting a circle with a line through it on every one.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Looks like the pictures are coming from his Google account. I'm assuming we can't see them, because they are private on his account.

Kyle7R

Photos aren't showing up for me. I'm getting a circle with a line through it on every one.

No photos for me either.

No pics for me, either. :grayno:

:redx3:

Kyle,

Pics from your last 2 posts arent working :gaah:

Looks like the pictures are coming from his Google account. I'm assuming we can't see them, because they are private on his account.
They aren't even working for me now...

Might be this new phone, because I did it the way I usually do. I'll log onto my laptop and see if I can fix it here shortly. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom