States You Can Rock Without Doors...

Shantz

I'm gonna start a map with all the states and edited it to my first post. We'll see who the outcasts are. Haha

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code

Sahara_Maverick

No issues in WA. I see many doorless Jeep almost everyday. I've been thinking about taking mine's off but have been holding off because of Seattle's meth-heads. I have too much stuff on my dashboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jonathanbottoms

Good to go in Virginia! I think you're supposed to have at least one side view mirror, but I see plenty of Jeeps around town with doors off and no mirrors. The cops don't seem to care 🤷*♂️👌

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Michigan. Don't know about specific legalities. Requires two mirrors here as well. Never had an issue going doorless nor heard of anything. So, G2G! IMG_1251.JPG

sparks

Clarifying Illinois:

Just need a rear view that has a clear view of the rear for 200'.

(625 ILCS 5/12-502) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12-502)
Sec. 12-502. Mirrors. Every motor vehicle, operated singly or when towing another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle.
(Source: P.A. 82-122.)

Also from Secretary of State publication, see page 92:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a112.pdf

I am still going to get something for the side because I would prefer not to ruin a perfectly good Jeep cruise by side swiping a Prius I don't notice is over there. I tend to pull my doors
Off as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom