States You Can Rock Without Doors...

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Straight from State of Delaware DMV:

"Rear Vision Mirror - Must be placed so that driver can see any vehicle traveling in same direction. If view from inside mirror to rear is blocked, the vehicle must have outside mirrors on the left and right side of the vehicle."

Ddays

Hooked
So do we slide them into the legal category? The map is only based on replies to this thread.

I'd slide us into the gray area. Like Cozdude says you need them for inspection but aside from one guy I read about in Monroeville getting a ticket no one I've ever talked to has ever had an issue.

Funny, my buddy is a State Rep for Pa and every time I see him at a cookout or gathering I ask him when he's gonna sponsor either a revision or add wording to the existing code that allows Jeeps to go doorless. And he replies "Is that all you Jeep guys ever worry about is going doorless? I get calls on this all the time from you guys." Not sure why he or others won't just change the stupid ass wording.

I-Eat-Mud

Doorless is fine in Oklahoma as long as you meet the following.

§47-12-403. Mirrors.
A. Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror mounted on the left side of the vehicle and so positioned and located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the motor vehicle.
B. Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with an additional mirror mounted either inside the vehicle approximately in the center or outside the vehicle on the right side and so positioned and located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle.

soonersfan

Doorless is fine in Oklahoma as long as you meet the following.

§47-12-403. Mirrors.
A. Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror mounted on the left side of the vehicle and so positioned and located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the motor vehicle.
B. Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with an additional mirror mounted either inside the vehicle approximately in the center or outside the vehicle on the right side and so positioned and located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle.
You beat me to it. I have more doors off most of the summer in OK.

Trail JK

California has been mentioned and I'm sure Utah has been too but I wanted to post some doorless pics anyway. Almost forgot has good she looks.
IMG_9990.jpg .
IMG_9680.JPG

mstraw9379

Whenever I'm home in Ohio I drive without doors as often as I can. I always use a side mirror on the driver side. I've never had a problem, but I've never looked up the law.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

I think it it all depends on the cop an where/what's going on.

Never had a problem with doors off, I feel doorless jeeps are such a common sight no one thinks twice about it.

Tires sticking out fenders never really got me too much attention either.
Only one time going through a small college town , town cop pulled me over for tires sticking out past fenders. He only gave me a warning.

Still don't understand why you need fenders to be legal :/

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom