Steering Knuckle Hole too big

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So I’ve been spending some time under my rig getting everything buttoned down after losing a bolt on my control arm. I noticed a slight play in my draglink. I have the RockKrawler HD Draglink. Originally I had the EVO Draglink flip kit but bent the crap out of it. Long story short, apparently the EVO kit requires a 13/16 drill hole and the RK is an 11/16. I recall using the tapered insert that came with the EVO kit and drilling it out so the entire length was closer to 11/16.

I recall doing this just before a trip with every intention of going back and doing it right, but totally forgot. Well a long time has passed since then and I’m ready to fix it. Question is how the heck do I make it right? New knuckle? New EVO Draglink? Have a machine shop make a sleeve? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would go back with the evo and buy a crown replacement RHD drag link in case you bend it again. I've bent one drag link but it wasn't that big of a deal. Crown replacements are like $60.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would go back with the evo and buy a crown replacement RHD drag link in case you bend it again. I've bent one drag link but it wasn't that big of a deal. Crown replacements are like $60.

I'd have to agree with this ^^^

I've been running a factory drag link for a long time and still run one on Rubicat.

Top Bottom