Steps over Rock Rail?

Jacalore

Went with running boards. A good look, and re no protection - not many rocks on the beach unless I head for a jetty!

Last edited:

kirstinthemermaid

I have a 2 door X that I installed Rubi rock rails. After the lift and larger tires, I'm thinking about running boards or steps. I'd like to keep the rails (dislike exposed pinch seam) and add running boards or steps over/with them. Possible? Suggestions?

Go with the Evo rock sliders. They make both a step version or high and tight version in their rock rails. Extremely affordable for only $500 but amazing quality. I also had the stock Rubicon rails like you and just upgraded to the Evo ones. I'm having them welded on today actually. I wish I would have done it sooner because they add more protection and I wouldn't have my body damage if I would have done it earlier.

J

JKDream

I'd be taking a look at Evo's boatside bombers if you want to completely cover the pinch seam and need a step.
Does both, still provides a ton of beef, and looks really good.

CCTX50

LOD all the way. I've tested them and they hold up great. EVO also has solve great ones that you can have the angle changed to give you more of a step.

I even had a Mercedes hit me on the rail. No damage to Jeep or rails but tons of damage to the Mercedes.

FB_IMG_1497493916032.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

Go with the Evo rock sliders. They make both a step version or high and tight version in their rock rails. Extremely affordable for only $500 but amazing quality. I also had the stock Rubicon rails like you and just upgraded to the Evo ones. I'm having them welded on today actually. I wish I would have done it sooner because they add more protection and I wouldn't have my body damage if I would have done it earlier.

Did you get the standard or low version of the Evo rails?

Top Bottom