Stock axles on 40's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I agree with that. There's plenty of good fun wheeling to do in the mean time. Do you think I would be ok right now just to run 37's in the mean time until I can get axles one day? Or is that a little too far too? I have 35's right now

Assuming you're running a Dana 44 up front, you can definitely run 37's but you'll probably want to change your gears to 5.13 as that would be the correct ratio for them. I personally would upgrade your shafts to chromoly and with full circle clips and if you don't have them already, maybe gusset up the axle C's. I wouldn't waste your money on sleeves or a truss and just save up until you can afford to upgrade.

IF you are running a Dana 30 up front, I personally wouldn't run 37's and play the way I do off road. But then, I'm just going off of my experiences.

J

JKDream

Assuming you're running a Dana 44 up front, you can definitely run 37's but you'll probably want to change your gears to 5.13 as that would be the correct ratio for them. I personally would upgrade your shafts to chromoly and with full circle clips and if you don't have them already, maybe gusset up the axle C's. I wouldn't waste your money on sleeves or a truss and just save up until you can afford to upgrade.

IF you are running a Dana 30 up front, I personally wouldn't run 37's and play the way I do off road. But then, I'm just going off of my experiences.
Don't mean to steal the topic from the OP - but I have to change out some ujoints this weekend. Is there any way to make full circles work with stock shafts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't mean to steal the topic from the OP - but I have to change out some ujoints this weekend. Is there any way to make full circles work with stock shafts?

You would need to grind out the ears of the yokes to make it work. It can be done but really, it's more of pain than I think it's worth. An easier alternative is to tack weld the bearing caps to the yoke and then grind it off when you need to replace them.

Patton007

Sounds good man thanks a lot for all the help. I have some work to do[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JohnnyBanks

With the gearing you have id go 35s maybe 37s at the most. Maybe you could come across a Ford 9 inch possible a Dana 44 for the front? Don't know what,direction you want to go with jeep just tossing an idea out there

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom