Stock Carrier failing

Rccrwlr

Do you have some thoughts as to what you might want?

Discussion as to what type of tire carrier we are all running.
Priorities for me?
First and for most it has to open with the tailgate. My wife and kids need to be able to open the holder without having to pull pins and balance on one foot while putting in gear "mall purchases" :rollyeyes
Second. Gear, tire carrier needs to hold up to a 37" tire, 5 gallons of gas (couple of rotopacks), cb ant mount, 3rd tail light, and my wife really likes her "life is good" tire cover ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375625955.802349.jpg

For some reason I Really like the "wait is that stock" look or the "that could have been stock". It gets lots of double takes and is pretty funny. I have a CJ5 for crazy mods if I want, but some times big mods come at an not so easy to function price that I don't want to give up with the Jk (little k until lifted).

I have always wanted to run the Rubicon so I want a bumper to go with the carrier that will protect the back and corners.

Thanks in advance for any input

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Discussion as to what type of tire carrier we are all running.
Priorities for me?
First and for most it has to open with the tailgate. My wife and kids need to be able to open the holder without having to pull pins and balance on one foot while putting in gear "mall purchases" :rollyeyes
Second. Gear, tire carrier needs to hold up to a 37" tire, 5 gallons of gas (couple of rotopacks), cb ant mount, 3rd tail light, and my wife really likes her "life is good" tire cover.

For some reason I Really like the "wait is that stock" look or the "that could have been stock". It gets lots of double takes and is pretty funny. I have a CJ5 for crazy mods if I want, but some times big mods come at an not so easy to function price that I don't want to give up with the Jk (little k until lifted).

I have always wanted to run the Rubicon so I want a bumper to go with the carrier that will protect the back and corners.

LoD, Expedition One, Hanson and AEV all make great single hand operation bumper tire carriers that will allow you to do everything you want and need.

Top Bottom