Stock rear driveshaft hitting Evo evap skid

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny story about that... I attempted to use the lower hole to correct it earlier and the bracket has a inner support brace that is too high to give adequate clearance for the factory trackbar to line up with the hole. So the trackbar bottoms out on the bracket about 1/4 inch before you can get it to line up. So I guess that hole is there for weight savings? LOL. Or they welded it incorrectly???

:cheesy: Now that is funny. Sounds like first rate quality control to me. I was just trying to save you some time and money but I think the best answer here will most likely be a new bracket that will have a lower mounting hole. You could remove the bracket all together and just run an adjustable track bar but a relocation bracket does have its benefits as it will help correct geometry.

jmedgar

:cheesy: Now that is funny. Sounds like first rate quality control to me. I was just trying to save you some time and money but I think the best answer here will most likely be a new bracket that will have a lower mounting hole. You could remove the bracket all together and just run an adjustable track bar but a relocation bracket does have its benefits as it will help correct geometry.

I appreciate you trying to save me some money and for the solid advice! I sent them a message so that should be good for a laugh. I'll order up the EVO bracket and give that a shot.

Anyone want a slightly used TeraFlex trackbar bracket with a high performance fake mounting hole? [emoji849]

WJCO

Meme King
Anyone want a slightly used TeraFlex trackbar bracket with a high performance fake mounting hole? [emoji849]

You really should post that up in the For Sale section. I will subscribe immediately for the entertainment value. :beer:

jmedgar

Update: I emailed teraflex and they responded quickly with some questions and a request for photos. I answered and they responded with some measurements and some engineering diagrams. After comparing those to my bracket everything looked good.

This prompted me to pull the bracket off the axle to see what exactly was blocking the trackbar from going as low as it needed. Turned out there was a nice chunk of powdercoated metal that looked like the welder spit off a chunk. I didn't take any photos because I was too excited to fix it and test it.

After grinding it flat there is now enough clearance to use the lower hole, which as Eddie recommended lined up my axle correctly!

Annoying to have to figure this out but glad to have things fixed with a minimal amount of effort and cost.

I also clearanced the stock evap skid holes to give the same clearance as the EVO skid has and think I have enough space to not hit under full flex. Thanks cozdude for that tip.

Thanks again to everyone for all the great advice.

Top Bottom