Strongest skid plates

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yeah the stock 2012+ auto transmission line is hanging out in the breeze.

I bent my rock hard to the point it was hitting the cross over pipe. I put it out on the sidewalk and 2lb sledge hammered it back to flat pretty easily. Wear hearing protection, and check your 6 for little old ladies walking their dogs (whoops).

I think that’s what I would do, if I were the OP...and maybe pick better lines.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

I have found the taller the tires the less skids are needed. Run stock tires on little sluice and you bang stuff up more than running 37's. On 3.6's it would take a freakish rock to damage the oil pan but any old stick to snag the tranny lines.

rockwell

I have found the taller the tires the less skids are needed. Run stock tires on little sluice and you bang stuff up more than running 37's. On 3.6's it would take a freakish rock to damage the oil pan but any old stick to snag the tranny lines.

Or freakish stumps. This is what led me to a skid to begin with. They are harder to spot and are silent, you can at least hear what’s going on with rocks. I get the ‘choose better lines’ bit but a lot of our trails are on a few acres land and maybe 1/2 mile long so if you are always choosing the better lines you’d be home by lunch. All my other skids are factory, beat to shít and holding up great, but those stumps are silent killers and the skids help from them slide over the cross member. IMG_0299.JPG

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Adding to the thread, I too believe in the factory skids. My jeep is a manual, so I opted only for the oil pan skid for piece of mind.

But my jeep has never been offroad... :cheesy: :crazyeyes:
20180408_160805.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Well my Rubi has been stock height for a year and I love my Rockhard trans/oil Skid.... and thats all I have to say about that.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Or freakish stumps. This is what led me to a skid to begin with. They are harder to spot and are silent, you can at least hear what’s going on with rocks. I get the ‘choose better lines’ bit but a lot of our trails are on a few acres land and maybe 1/2 mile long so if you are always choosing the better lines you’d be home by lunch. All my other skids are factory, beat to shít and holding up great, but those stumps are silent killers and the skids help from them slide over the cross member. View attachment 303706

I thought you said you had a Rockhard skid.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I think a lot depends on your terrain. I agree with everyone that the rubi skid plates are sufficient for rocks, but in the woods, I’ve see a number of Jeeps getting knocked out by large sticks and logs getting up into the trans and linkage. As the tires roll over them they can kick up and cause all kinds of havoc. The rock hard and other skids keep those critical areas protected.

Good2Go

The only musical instrument I know how to play is the engine/transmission skid plate on my Jeep. I can make it ring like a bell. (Well, actually more like an out of tune KLAANGG!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom