STUBBIFIED : Coverting a Full Width JL Rubicon Steel Bumper into a Stubby

WiscoHR

Looks great... I'd say throw the end caps away or you'll be like me. Every time I walk in my garage I ask myself why I have the end caps to my hard rock bumper laying in the corner, knowing they will never go back on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I really like the way that looks in jet Li. I think I'll have to give it a shot and see how I like it on mine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Now all that’s needed is a winch plate and a power plant ;)

Definitely need a winch plate but we might go a different route with winches. Love the PowerPlant but we'd prefer to test something new or newer :yup:

Glad to see that bumper is still an option with the JLs. Great pics🍺

Thanks and yes, we're glad this bumper is still offered too :yup:

That looks awesome.. envy with a touch of drool.

Cheers.

LOL! Thank you :)

Looks a lot better.

Surprising what a little mod like this can do for a JL :yup:

I like the stubby better also 👍

It really is nice isn't it :cool:

pretty wild how a simple change can change the overall look.

put's me on the fence about the metal bumper option

They are pricey but worth it if you think you'll be keeping them. They do look great!

You just had to do something that required a wrench. Lol. Bet you feel better and Jet is able to breath a little more too. [emoji106] Looks cool.

LOL!! I was going through withdrawal :crazyeyes:

Always loved the look of these. Almost wish I had just kept mine. Are you planning on going aftermarket at some point or just adding winch plate/winch and going with it stock?

Oh yeah, we'll most likely test out a few different aftermarket options but will always keep the factory steel bumper... just in case we want to go back to it :)

Looks great!

Thank you :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a good looking bumper! I hope to get one of my own someday.

Thanks and I definitely think you'll like it.

Didn’t think I’d say this, but I like the full width bumper with the fender flares. If you chop the flares, I’m sure I’d like the stubby bumper more.

I won't lie, the full width steel bumper doesn't look that bad especially with full fenders as you've noted. Functionally, they are simply in the way or at least, for how Cindy and I like to play anyway.

Looks great! Simple but very effective!

Exactly! It's what we love about it :)

Looks great guys! I’ve been MIA for a little bit due to work but catching up on pictures of Jet Li!!

Good to see you around :thumb:

And so it begins. 🤣

Indeed :D

That looks good! Needs a winch and some 37’s and you’re ready for fordyce. [emoji12]

You know it!

Took my ends off shortly after purchase. Much better look in my opinion.

Totally agree :)

Looks way better.

I dig it!!

Thanks, we love it too :)

Awesome look the stubby is it.

:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Umm...very yes[emoji106]

LOL!! YES :D

Much Better! But thinking an EVO bumper is needed.... :yup:

That may happen :crazyeyes:

Stubby bumpers always look good. But I agree, you need some Evo goodies!!!

Maybe not bumpers or not right now anyway but EVO goodies are in the works :yup:

Looks great... I'd say throw the end caps away or you'll be like me. Every time I walk in my garage I ask myself why I have the end caps to my hard rock bumper laying in the corner, knowing they will never go back on.

LOL!! I have a collection of Jeep parts from all our Jeeps and will have to find a home for these too. :crazyeyes:

Did they not already have this feature on the JK Rubicon bumpers?

They did. Not saying this is new, just highlighting what we can do on our JL. :yup:

I really like the way that looks in jet Li. I think I'll have to give it a shot and see how I like it on mine.

Awesome :thumb:

Looks great!

Thank you :cool:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
more want .... and no option coming our way: I might look into importing one (big hassle):idontknow:

LOST LGRINGO

unconverted

gotta say the JL is a beaut, congrats.
i have the modular bumper on my 17 sahara and the left cap got bent from a parking experience. it seems the bolts must have been loose as two were bent at about 30 degrees and the top of the cap is buckled.
also should note that we have to keep ours strictly street legal here so cant consider a stubby mod.
having said all that, whatcha gonna do with your old end caps?
tks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
more want .... and no option coming our way: I might look into importing one (big hassle):idontknow:

Such a bummer. Hope you're able to find a way to get one and sooner than later.

Took the ends off mine two days after I picked it up at the dealership, much better look, I would do the same to a new J L ! Jet looks great !

Thanks!

Simple yet satisfying :rock:

Totally agreed - love it this way :yup:

gotta say the JL is a beaut, congrats.
i have the modular bumper on my 17 sahara and the left cap got bent from a parking experience. it seems the bolts must have been loose as two were bent at about 30 degrees and the top of the cap is buckled.
also should note that we have to keep ours strictly street legal here so cant consider a stubby mod.
having said all that, whatcha gonna do with your old end caps?
tks,

LOL!! Not 100% sure just yet but I'll get a hold of you if we decide to get rid of ours.

Top Bottom