"Stumps" - The JK

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Aside from the bumpers and a handful of camping trips, Stumps has sat fairly neglected since moving down south. I started to change that yesterday by removing all of the hardware around the windshield that has developed some surface rust.

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

Then I pulled this portion of the windshield to find all of this shit.

IMG_1527.jpg

Today started the deep cleaning that was badly needed so the top and doors came off.

IMG_1529.jpg

I have been dealing with some electrical gremlin that keep killing my battery when I’m gone for work trips. Even with my wife driving it a one or two times a week. Im assuming that it is my garbage wiring job for all of my aftermarket stuff. so I pulled my ARB and my CB out.

IMG_1535.jpg

I might move the ARB to the JT using Eddie’s mount and get a twin ARB for the JK.

Also noticed that using this bolt in the cargo area as a grounding point for the CB was a terrible idea.

IMG_1537.jpg

Probably just get two handheld CBs for both Jeeps but I have never looked to see if they are any good. Recommendations would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Aside from the bumpers and a handful of camping trips, Stumps has sat fairly neglected since moving down south. I started to change that yesterday by removing all of the hardware around the windshield that has developed some surface rust.

View attachment 347628

View attachment 347629

Then I pulled this portion of the windshield to find all of this shit.

View attachment 347630

Today started the deep cleaning that was badly needed so the top and doors came off.

View attachment 347631

I have been dealing with some electrical gremlin that keep killing my battery when I’m gone for work trips. Even with my wife driving it a one or two times a week. Im assuming that it is my garbage wiring job for all of my aftermarket stuff. so I pulled my ARB and my CB out.

View attachment 347632

I might move the ARB to the JT using Eddie’s mount and get a twin ARB for the JK.

Also noticed that using this bolt in the cargo area as a grounding point for the CB was a terrible idea.

View attachment 347633

Probably just get two handheld CBs for both Jeeps but I have never looked to see if they are any good. Recommendations would be great.

To talk between your two jeeps I’d just get walkie talkies, they are cheap but work fantastic

WJCO

Meme King
That rust is crazy. As far as handhelds, we've been happy with the Midland 75-822 ones as long as you still run a coax cable and antenna.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
"Stumps" - The JK

This morning the deep cleaning continued. I removed the fenders because I got a set of MCE ones a few days ago and I pretty happy that I did. Aside from the dirt, I found that on all four corners the OEM fenders had rubbed away the paint underneath.

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

After I washed the dirt off, I hit the spots with some automotive primer. Then I clay bar-ed and waxed him. Pretty happy with how the paint seemed to come back to life.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
New tires. 37x12.50 Toyo R/Ts from my local Discount Tire.

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

I can see that I l have to trim some of the rear pinch seams. Hopefully I can find a place to flex it out and see what else I need to cut off.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
37’s look better! How you liking the MCE’s? I’m thinking about going that route this fall.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Awesome! Nice to see you still giving this rig some love. Looks great :thumb:

I appreciate it! Maybe I’ll actually get out and wheel it again too. [emoji854]

Rig's looking good! Looks like you got a little rain too.

Thank you very much and yea, it’s been pouring pretty much all morning. It was awesome having the R/Ts for the drive home.

37’s look better! How you liking the MCE’s? I’m thinking about going that route this fall.

Thank you. I like them so far, but I only got them because they are cheaper now (they used to be $799 but are now $399 for a full set). I’ll be able to honestly say how much I like them after a few summers and their claim that they don’t fade.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Passenger side front fender decided to do the "self delete" heading down the highway.
20210421_144058.jpg

Also swapped the head unit with a Sony so I can have Android Auto when I'm driving. Having it in the JT has spoiled me.

20210421_144144.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Passenger side front fender decided to do the "self delete" heading down the highway.

Also swapped the head unit with a Sony so I can have Android Auto when I'm driving. Having it in the JT has spoiled me.

LOL @ "self delete". Hope you didn't have to run back too far to fetch it.

Sony headunit looks great too (y)

Top Bottom