"Stumps" - The JK

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
no, they work for the front. not sure on the rear. they are around 1" thick and fit the factory bump pad perfect.

Ok. It is just an idea that im playing with right now. I did see when you got the metalcloak set and I appreciate the feed back. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So all this talk yesterday about bump stops, I remembered today that I still have the ones that I never installed on my 09. They are only 2" but it is better than nothing. :)

Loading please wait....

Attachments

• 1412877080872.jpg
    1412877080872.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 484

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great day down in NC. This is my favorite picture (of Stumps) from the day.
1413149851258.jpg

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Forgot to post this pic yesterday of my buddies 315/70s next to my stockers before we put on my lift.

1413929978030.jpg

I also still need to figure out how to reroute my front brake lines put on my front brake line extension brackets.

Loading please wait....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Forgot to post this pic yesterday of my buddies 315/70s next to my stockers before we put on my lift.

I also still need to figure out how to reroute my front brake lines put on my front brake line extension brackets.

Loading please wait....
Can you post pictures of your front brake line brackets? I have a set, but never bothered to put them on.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Can you post pictures of your front brake line brackets? I have a set, but never bothered to put them on.

I have the set that came with my lift, I just did not put them on because I did not have enough play in the line to make the bracket work. The line on the jeep would only move about a half an inch down, while the extension bracket is two inches. I just need to figure out how to work the solid part of the line to get the necessary play to put on the new brackets. I do appreciate the guesture! :thumbup::beer:

Loading please wait....

olram30

I have the set that came with my lift, I just did not put them on because I did not have enough play in the line to make the bracket work. The line on the jeep would only move about a half an inch down, while the extension bracket is two inches. I just need to figure out how to work the solid part of the line to get the necessary play to put on the new brackets. I do appreciate the guesture! :thumbup::beer:

Loading please wait....

Ok, same with mine. I guess it's older brake lines these work with. Thought I was doing something wrong. I just undid the bracket by the shock and gave me plenty of slack. Thanks for the confirmation.:thumbup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok, same with mine. I guess it's older brake lines these work with. Thought I was doing something wrong. I just undid the bracket by the shock and gave me plenty of slack. Thanks for the confirmation.:thumbup:

I though about that yesterday when I noticed it but figured I would do some research first. Did you remove the bracket entirely then zip tie it to the shock?

Loading please wait....

olram30

I though about that yesterday when I noticed it but figured I would do some research first. Did you remove the bracket entirely then zip tie it to the shock?

Loading please wait....

Yeah, pain to get that bracket off the brake line. Got it off with vice grips and pb blaster. Zip tied the speed sensor lines and brake lines together, then to the bottom of the shock. Plenty of room so I left them off. The rears brackets worked fine and gave plenty of slack. Someday I'll get braided lines.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yeah, pain to get that bracket off the brake line. Got it off with vice grips and pb blaster. Zip tied the speed sensor lines and brake lines together, then to the bottom of the shock. Plenty of room so I left them off. The rears brackets worked fine and gave plenty of slack. Someday I'll get braided lines.

Awesome thank you for that info. Ill try that this weekend. :thumbup::beer:

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Used some WD40 on the exterior of the front brake lines and pulled the slack through the bottom bracket. I am fairly certain that I pulled enough through so that I wont cause any problems when I flex. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
First time taking all of the doors off of Stumps. My son loved every minute of it!
1414192101894.jpg

Plus there is a sweet CJ in the back ground. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Got some WOL swag. :thumbup:
1414426896158.jpg
The turn around was awesome!

Loading please wait....

Top Bottom