Stupid Question, Where The Hell Does Everyone Put Their Cell Phone!!

stormtroopedjk

I have a mount called a steelie mount by niteize it's a metal ball that 3m tapes somewhere to your dash and there's a small magnet that 3m tapes to your phone and it sits on the metal ball with free range of motion it's pretty cool

pinkcamotexan

That steelie is pretty cool. I like that magnet feature.

I have one in my Jeep and absolutely love it!!! So convenient to get in and place the phone on the holder. Plus the ball itself is small enough and doesn't take up a ton of room! Well worth the $14 I paid for two!

Last edited:

Broke_JKowner

If you get a jeep without power windows there is a cubby in the dash. Or if you have a sport cage you can get a ram mount. I normally have mine in my hand texting or up to my ear talking. It's the safest place so it doesn't bounce around

That's weird I figured you probably just keistered your giant smartphone?!?!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I'll probably be picking up the rugged ridge mount on Saturday. I like it so I can navigate or leave iTunes up and change the music without really looking away from the road

Frydaddy

I use the "Magic Mount Surface" by scosche and stick it on my steering wheel and absolutely love it. It's always easily accessible and super quick no need to mess with clips or anything
http://www.scosche.com/magic-mount-cell-phone-holder-tablet-mount

And best of all no big magnet or anything on the back like some competitors just a little metal plate

This was mentioned a few months ago, but I feel I must warn you, That's the airbag dude. Might not be a good idea in an accident.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I use the "Magic Mount Surface" by scosche and stick it on my steering wheel and absolutely love it. It's always easily accessible and super quick no need to mess with clips or anything
http://www.scosche.com/magic-mount-cell-phone-holder-tablet-mount
View attachment 208220
View attachment 208222

And best of all no big magnet or anything on the back like some competitors just a little metal plate
View attachment 208225

I am sorry, but this has to be the worst idea I have ever seen. If the airbag were to deploy, that phone, mount and all, would be forced into the driver's chest at high speed. This would be a fatal accident that could have been avoided by simply NOT mounting anything on the airbag surface. Look up airbag deployment in realtime via google and you will see we are dealing with shotgun like forces, all of which would propel the cell phone directly at you at close range.

If anyone wants to follow this idea, then I welcome you to the Darwin Award's ceremony the year you encounter a frontal impact accident.

Devallee

I am sorry, but this has to be the worst idea I have ever seen. If the airbag were to deploy, that phone, mount and all, would be forced into the driver's chest at high speed. This would be a fatal accident that could have been avoided by simply NOT mounting anything on the airbag surface. Look up airbag deployment in realtime via google and you will see we are dealing with shotgun like forces, all of which would propel the cell phone directly at you at close range.

If anyone wants to follow this idea, then I welcome you to the Darwin Award's ceremony the year you encounter a frontal impact accident.

To be completely honest I never thought about that until now and thank you for helping me escape Darwins clutches to live another day. Completely disregard that post ladies and gentlemen :thumb:

Stotch

Caught the Bug

To be completely honest I never thought about that until now and thank you for helping me escape Darwins clutches to live another day. Completely disregard that post ladies and gentlemen :thumb:

haha, maybe the most real and accurate post i've read on wol so far.

X2 :cheesy::thumb:

HardRock87

I put my iPhone 6 Plus in 1 of 3 places.

1 in the netting in front of the shifter.

2. in the first cupholder.

3. In the little spot above the radio / nav screen.

GoldenJK

Installed two brackets on the dash. One for the CB and the other has a ball mount to hold the phone or my GPS. Also wired in USB power to keep everything charged. Works great. Very sturdy.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466134537.184351.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466134563.678559.jpg

DMF

http://www.proclipusa.com/ makes custom mounts for phone and vehicle specific. It's a bit pricey but it's clean looking. I use a Ram Mount that is attached to my passenger seat. It takes a bit of the passenger leg room though but it can hold my phone and tablet even when I'm off-roading.

Top Bottom