SuperChips FlashCal or AEV ProCal

SWRUBI

These look to be pretty similar in what they do. Are there really any advantages, one over the other? I'm leaning towards the SuperChips FlashCal as it looks pretty easy vs playing with toggle switches on the AEV item. I'm somewhat concerned about the SuperChips support as I've read a few complaints of folks claiming their service just play outright stinks. Using it to lower TPMS and recalibrate the speedo. Probably re-gear down the road. I'm interested in hearing what you folks think!

JK LYF

These look to be pretty similar in what they do. Are there really any advantages, one over the other? I'm leaning towards the SuperChips FlashCal as it looks pretty easy vs playing with toggle switches on the AEV item. I'm somewhat concerned about the SuperChips support as I've read a few complaints of folks claiming their service just play outright stinks. Using it to lower TPMS and recalibrate the speedo. Probably re-gear down the road. I'm interested in hearing what you folks think!

Great topic! I've been researching this for the last week. I'm buying a Superchips Flashcal tomorrow. I'll follow this thread to find out if I made the right choice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked

I've owned both. If you have a PC with admin rights, I'd recommend the FlashCal. You need a PC to update software versions or download any new features. The FlashCal was great while I was able to use my work PC to do the software. Then I got a new laptop for work and it wouldn't recognize the flashcal because of USB security (my laptop not the flascal). So I sold it to fellow forum member for a great deal and got the ProCal. It does the simple things very well and super easy. No software to worry about. But also doesn't have as many cool additional features.

I have both and I like the flashcal alot better just because it's a lot easier to use because of the screen. You can see what your doing. Only reason I have the procal to is because the flashcal wouldn't turn my sway bar light if on my dash when I went to Evo no limits. I would recommend the superchip over the aev any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
both are the same price, give or take 10 bucks, and both do the same stuff. the advantages of the superchips over the aev are that it has a screen, its updatable, and its upgradable to the flashpaq for about $150 more if you ever decide you need a tune.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I saw some complaints about problems with the flash cal, not my personal experience though.

what were some of the complaints if you dont mind me asking. im just curious cause i have heard complaints about people not being happy with the tunes of the flashpaq but not the flashcal

JKWrang

Flashcal if for nothing other than on screen directions and DTC code reader.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheNoob

I have the flashpaq. So simple and easy to use. I'd recommend the flashcal over the procal. I'd rather have a screen confirming what I'm selecting over toggle switches and the jeeps horn.

TheNoob

Is the Flashpaq worth it for the performance tunes over the Flashcal?

IMO, yes. I've only tried the 87 tune. It definitely gets up and goes a lot better than stock. The throttle input is much better and shift points are perfect. Overall I love the drive-ability it has added to the jeep. Worth every penny in my book.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Don't flame me - I've been out of the loop, but any reason why HyperTech isn't in consideration here?

dannymalkin

what were some of the complaints if you dont mind me asking. im just curious cause i have heard complaints about people not being happy with the tunes of the flashpaq but not the flashcal

Yeah no prob. They were just general problems with the flash cal not connecting to their jeep well or certain functions not working. Nothing drastic and they were more when it first came out so I think they must have fixed any problems. Again not firsthand problems for myself as I do not own one.

I'm definitely considering a flashcal but I may pick up a used procal cheap.

Yeep

My flashcal works fine in my 2014. Having the screen and being able to use it as a code reader alone was worth it to me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah no prob. They were just general problems with the flash cal not connecting to their jeep well or certain functions not working. Nothing drastic and they were more when it first came out so I think they must have fixed any problems. Again not firsthand problems for myself as I do not own one.

I'm definitely considering a flashcal but I may pick up a used procal cheap.

Ahh ok yea it could have been an issue when the new motor came out or if people have a 2011 like me and nothing worked for it for a long time lol

JK LYF

I just purchased the flashcal. I'm gonna try it out tonight. I have a few questions. I'm not trying to high jack the thread but maybe it will help the OP out as well. Any suggestions on what rpm the idle should be set at?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just purchased the flashcal. I'm gonna try it out tonight. I have a few questions. I'm not trying to high jack the thread but maybe it will help the OP out as well. Any suggestions on what rpm the idle should be set at?

Make sure you update it to your computer before you plug it into your jeep.

As far as rpm goes I left it alone at stock. The one thing I did change was my fan temp settings so it kicks on sooner.

Top Bottom