SUPERSIZED Moby Going Home

bl17z90

So noone has asked this yet. Don't get me wrong Rubicat is a great vehicle but how did you decide who got to drive Moby home, it couldn't have been as simple as paper covering rock. :lol:

Oh and is Rubicat going to get Moby's old tire/wheel combo as well when you put the old pr60 under it? Do you feel comfortable pushing 40" mud grapplers with a pr44?

Forgot about the brick factor:D

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

I think cab overs may even be a little more aerodynamic than Jeeps :bleh:

Sent from my phone?

Sac

Truly awesome. Could only imagine the fun it would be to have a 6.2L LS in a Jeep! What is going to be the first trail Moby sees?

JaySC

Awesome, awesome jeep...I wonder what Freud would say about my jeep envy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man 11 mpg. figured you'd of been around 18, really not any better than the hemi conversion minus the overheating issue. And speaking of V-8 power took the kids sledding tonight, and had a guy ask me if I had a V-8 , just chuckled and said I wish, gotta love the way the dynomax exhaust sounds seems to me that it growls more when it's 18° out.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

It's funny, people always ask what's under my hood. I tell them a K&N and our muffler out back. :beer:

finger3

Congrats guys, glad to see Moby up and running, and can't wait to see him staring in his next vid!:clap2:

rws

How are the 5.38's with the setup? Think it's a perfect gear for the LS3 and 680 or would you prefer to go lower?

1BAMFR

main.php

Fuck this...I'm buying 40's and F/R 60's!!!!!!!!!

(In my dreams)

Last edited:

Moto5195

I know a few of you have been waiting for the report from our drive home and so here you go. :) After picking up Moby from Off Road Evolution on Friday, we drove out to the SoCal Suds-n-Grub on Saturday and had a great time catching up with the WAYALIFE crew. How was the drive you might ask? Simply AMAZING!! Moby was always a great Jeep but with a 6.2L LS pushing 400+ HP, it's truly become a monster worth of it's name.

Here's an awesome shot that Krieger took of Moby at the Suds...
attachment.php

The next morning Cindy and I started the long drive back up to Carson City with her in Moby and me in RubiCAT...
main.php

As you can imagine, Moby was pretty damn thirsty...
main.php

Oh, and did I mention that Moby now prefers the finer things in life...
main.php

Truth be told, Moby's MPG wasn't really all that bad. Sure it isn't stellar but, we did still manage to get about 11 MPG and that's with us driving the way we always do :D In reality, it really isn't all that different from what we were seeing with our old 3.8L but of course, we now have a TON MORE power!!

Here's a stop we made along the way to say hello to Moochie's favorite Uniroyal Gal :D
main.php

Imagine that, an abandoned air strip - shall we race?
main.php

As if there was any doubt - Moby smoked RubiCAT :crazyeyes:

Here are a Hi-res poser shots of Moby that we took while we were out there...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

It's good to be home!!
main.php

All in all, the drive home went smoothly and without a single hitch. Granted, it was on the cool side the whole way up but, there were still some long steep grades we had to take on and we were happy to see the temp gauge stay dead center the whole way. In fact, I don't think Moby ever broke a sweat once and was able to cruise up them at about 2800 RPM - Rubicat was pusing 4000+ the whole way up.

Anyway, we'll try to get some under the hood shots up tomorrow and if at all possible, some sound clips as soon as we can.

Let's see a family picture!

JK12

Just curious I don't know if I missed anything but have you done anything for skid plates now having the new motor?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I know a few of you have been waiting for the report from our drive home and so here you go. :) After picking up Moby from Off Road Evolution on Friday, we drove out to the SoCal Suds-n-Grub on Saturday and had a great time catching up with the WAYALIFE crew. How was the drive you might ask? Simply AMAZING!! Moby was always a great Jeep but with a 6.2L LS pushing 400+ HP, it's truly become a monster worth of it's name.....

Mobby looks great very clea:yup:n, nice to see you both made it home safe and with no issues. Mobby's is every jeeper's dream, well it is for me :brows: I know mileage isn't a factor when owning a Jeep but what MPG do you think you got on drive home.:thinking:Oh, forget it I just saw 11 MPG, Really hope you both enjoy Mobby and hope to see you both soon, maybe do a run one day :yup::rock:

LOL!! Yeah, I posted about it on the other thread. But, for those who haven't seen it, it was me who got pulled over in Rubicat and for not having any mud flaps. It was crazy because Cindy was following me in Moby and the cop actually turned on his blinker so that he could squeeze in between us and then light me up.

did this happen near bridgeport? I got a ticket on sat. for no flaps around there. the kicker is I was really good friends with the officers sister, have met his parents, been to his childhood house, friends with all of his high school buddies and he still gave me the ticket! no love

Moochie

did this happen near bridgeport? I got a ticket on sat. for no flaps around there. the kicker is I was really good friends with the officers sister, have met his parents, been to his childhood house, friends with all of his high school buddies and he still gave me the ticket! no love

They love to give no mud flap tickets near Bridgeport. Welcome to the club.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So noone has asked this yet. Don't get me wrong Rubicat is a great vehicle but how did you decide who got to drive Moby home, it couldn't have been as simple as paper covering rock. :lol:

LOL!! I got to drive Moby first and spent the better part of Saturday driving him too so, Cindy drove him all the way home :yup:

Oh and is Rubicat going to get Moby's old tire/wheel combo as well when you put the old pr60 under it? Do you feel comfortable pushing 40" mud grapplers with a pr44?

We hope to take Rubicat down to Off Road Evolution after KOH to get Moby's old PR60 and maybe a few other bells and whistles. Cindy and I have talked about it at length and may stick with 37's.

Truly awesome. Could only imagine the fun it would be to have a 6.2L LS in a Jeep! What is going to be the first trail Moby sees?

Hard to say for sure. We still need to install a good pre-filter on our CAI, do a service on the rear axle, address an annoying serpentine belt squeak and do a general check on things before heading out for anything big. So, we'll most likely take him out in the hills behind our house and then go from there.

How are the 5.38's with the setup? Think it's a perfect gear for the LS3 and 680 or would you prefer to go lower?

Honestly, I think the 5.38's is a great setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious I don't know if I missed anything but have you done anything for skid plates now having the new motor?

Currently, we don't have any skid protection and we're still debating whether or not to add any. If we do, it'll have to be custom and mainly to protect a couple of exposed trans cooler lines.

Oh yeah, just south of Bridgeport. :rolleyes2:

Eddie has it already been tuned?

Only with what Motech has got it set at.

Kking08

Eddie,

I am currently having a 6.0/ 6L80E/ atlas installed in my JK sitting on 37s currently i am running 5.38 gears but was planning on changing gears back to a 4.88 or 4.56. Do you think i should stick with the 5.38s or re-gear? also what was the RPM's at highway speeds?

Top Bottom