Suspension help Please- Which Long Arm????

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And I agree.. Lower is better-for race trucks and hardcore off-roaders... But in his original post, and the posts that followed, he said he did not want to change to shorter springs, and that he liked taller rigs.... It's his personal taste... I looked in his profile and can't find any favorite trail/etc that would lead me to believe he's "hardcore" either.. So that is why I said "it's just an inch" I know it's not ideal, but without variety, it's like there is just a bunch of cookie cutter jk's running around that look the exact same...

Also side note: what did you have to do to make the 40's clear with 4.5" lift? You said "but now purposefully run it at 4.5" and have done whatever I could to make it possible" just curious since everyone on here thinks you can clear the 40's with 4.5" lift. I never hear about Any extras. (4.5" lift and...., and....)

Not trying to start anything, just wondering why 1" is such a big deal on an average truck.

Ps.. I love the vengeance build and would totally go that route if I had the money!

Oh, you're right, for an average truck, 1" is no big deal and if you're just into the sky high 80's look, I'm sure you'd be fine. Most of the people I help are looking for advice in how to make their Jeeps more trail worthy and I sometimes forget that it's not everyones cup of tea :crazyeyes: :D

Regarding Moby, I've had to do a lot of body trimming and run trimmed factory flares and even at that, I still get some rubbing at extreme flex.

Vettethret

Oh, you're right, for an average truck, 1" is no big deal and if you're just into the sky high 80's look, I'm sure you'd be fine. Most of the people I help are looking for advice in how to make their Jeeps more trail worthy and I sometimes forget that it's not everyones cup of tea :crazyeyes: :D

Regarding Moby, I've had to do a lot of body trimming and run trimmed factory flares and even at that, I still get some rubbing at extreme flex.

Thanks guys. I am going to call EVO and set an appointment for them to inspect my suspension. I will ask them. I will probably o the EVO long arms and then their coil overs.:brows:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. I am going to call EVO and set an appointment for them to inspect my suspension. I will ask them. I will probably o the EVO long arms and then their coil overs.:brows:

My Jeep is at EVO for a few "add-ons." I will be there this Friday at 3:00 p.m. whether it is ready or not. I like to stop in every Friday on my way to meet some friends in Costa Mesa. If the Jeep is ready, you can give it a drive to see how it compares with your present set up and Mel or Drew can have your head spinning with all the possibilities. ;)

ChaosNein

My Jeep is at EVO for a few "add-ons." I will be there this Friday at 3:00 p.m. whether it is ready or not. I like to stop in every Friday on my way to meet some friends in Costa Mesa. If the Jeep is ready, you can give it a drive to see how it compares with your present set up and Mel or Drew can have your head spinning with all the possibilities. ;)

that sir will be up to the powder-coater... :thumbup:

Top Bottom